• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

First week thoughts

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Best innings: a few worthy contenders, but I thought Miller was outstanding in his 138* against Zimbabwe
Best bowling: Southee v England
Best game: Ireland-WI

Your thoughts?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Best innings: a few worthy contenders, but I thought Miller was outstanding in his 138* against Zimbabwe
Best bowling: Southee v England
Best game: Ireland-WI

Your thoughts?
Southee will take some beating. I'd probably go with that. Maybe give a shout out to Stirling or McCullum with the bat.

_Ed_

For sure, although I'd give an honourable mention to Milne's diving effort today.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I think it's good they actually do what they can so you can watch most of the thing. I mean, if they showed 4 matches a day people would probably only see a quarter of the tournament at best.

_Ed_

I think it's good they actually do what they can so you can watch most of the thing. I mean, if they showed 4 matches a day people would probably only see a quarter of the tournament at best.
Exactly. I wouldn't want more than 2.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Can't have too many games overlapping for dem TV rights. But yeah 2 a day would make sense.
I wonder how long Wimbledon would be if they followed this logic. Even the fifa world cup has minnows but they have more games so the lesser games don't mean a big dent on any thing. Would also solve the issue of ICC worrying about too many minnows making more games bad to a degree.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
The football world cup doesn't have any overlapping games apart from the final round of group games. The CWC already does when there are two games.

The Football world cup can do three games a day because matches take two hours not eight.

As for tennis grand slams once they get to about 16 names they never have games happening at the same time.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
the lowest ranked 2/3 full status teams should be made to qualify with the associates. garbage teams like england and the west indies should not be handed an automatic pass to the tournament.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The football world cup doesn't have any overlapping games apart from the final round of group games. The CWC already does when there are two games.

The Football world cup can do three games a day because matches take two hours not eight.

As for tennis grand slams once they get to about 16 names they never have games happening at the same time.
In cricket also you may choose to not have games at the same time in later stages like tennis.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Its been a good wicket of cricket without the excitement of tense finishes. Pretty hard to go past Ed's choices, I loved Masakadza's 80 vs South Africa and Stirling's 92 vs West Indies, just to add a couple of good knocks.

I'm happy with 2 games max per day, I really don't get why the tournament organisers thought that one game was enough every week day though. Australia only hosted the one match during the working week, which seems a bit wrong.

Antihippy

International Debutant
I was going to say that Finch's century was better than miller due to showing that he can bat according to the circumstances but I can't decide which bowling attack is worse between england and zimbabwe.