• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

9th Match - New Zealand v England

Who will win this match?

• New Zealand

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • England

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jcas0167

International Debutant
England team welcomed in Wellington yesterday. [video]https://vine.co/v/Oxb7hVTFOZV[/video]

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think the Soult opening combination is worth more than the sum of its parts; we've definitely seen that to be true in Test cricket and I think it's a big part of why Boult was selected in the first place. I think breaking that up would be a bad move unless Boult was bowling rubbish and you wouldn't to drop him entirely.

I think I'd pick Mills and just bowl him entirely through the middle overs. Anderson being a viable death option means you'd still have three bowlers to take care of the end of the innings, and Mills showed against SL that he's fit enough to bowl all his overs in a small block.

Greenlite

U19 Debutant
Looks like they want to lead the competition early and consolidate their position, therefore I'm hypothesizing the same starting XI will play England.

Too messy for the pace attack setup to bring Mills in right now, and Mitch seems to bowl better on slower pitches than Wellington, I think, he was wicketless in the last game in Wellington right?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Mitch and Mills are better swing bowlers though, and the stadium has been a venue that has seen some substantial swing on offer at times. Might tip things in their favour.

Forecast for Friday is looking bright and fine. Will be the first time since I was 14 that a big crowd turned up for a cricket match (the opening of the stadium in 2000 prompted about 30,000 turning up for an ODI v Australia, so of course the heavens opened after an hour and the game was called off), Gradually getting more and more hyped.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, was thinking I couldn't remember it being more than about half full for cricket in a long time. It's going to be great to see.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
If England are the twin towers, would that make NZ the 767??.............how did that end up???

Quite possibly the ****est analogy ever mate.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Mate, it's inappropriate and its rubbish........have a rethink.

Last edited:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Still crap and inappropriate.

Why can't you just say they are going to win?? In which case I'd agree with you.