• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* - Final - India v Sri Lanka

Who will win the World Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RhyZa

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I guess Dhoni's captaincy gave him the edge, but I felt a tad more of Gambhir's runs were pressure packed and important to the victory.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Just read through the thread (posted on the phone during the match so only saw the odd post).

Lol @ Burgey's piss poor posting. Glad to see he was left disappointed.

Social trying to tackle Tendulkar_200, an obvious troll, all match was ****ing odd as well :laugh: Talk about a waste of time.

Also, wow @ Benchy's call regarding SL getting 276. So close.

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
Dhoni,Sehwag,Harbi,Sachin,Yuvi,Nehra these are the ppl who cried :).....Not crying but tears of JOY!!!

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Heard Harsha say that Dhoni had a tear in his eye too. Didn't see it though. Will be surprising if it's true

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
He didn't from what I saw. Was pretty cool as always.

Love that Kirsten got a lot of credit as well. The team obviously absolutely love the guy.

R_D

International Debutant
I guess Dhoni's captaincy gave him the edge, but I felt a tad more of Gambhir's runs were pressure packed and important to the victory.
Gambhir's innings was brilliant as well but if he hadn't gone out and made a hundred probably would've got it. But Dhoni took the team to safety so i thought he deserved it.

Reevo

Cricket Spectator
"Tendulkar has carried the burden of nation for 21 years...it was time we carried him." - Virat WAG Kohli. Couldn't have said it better!

So happy right now. For Sachin. For Dhoni. For Kirsten. For the whole team, the staff and all the Indians all over the world. The streets over here in Dubai are going mad too! Great knocks from Gambhir and Dhoni, absorbed the pressure really well. Pity about Gambhir's 100, but he has only himself to blame. Terrific chanceless innings from Dhoni, captain's knock and what a way to finish it all! And, so glad Sachin finally has a World Cup! :D

R_D

International Debutant
He didn't from what I saw. Was pretty cool as always.

Love that Kirsten got a lot of credit as well. The team obviously absolutely love the guy.
Yeah loved it how Kohli and Raina carried him on their shoulders for a lap of ground as well :)

jeevan

International 12th Man
Heard Harsha say that Dhoni had a tear in his eye too. Didn't see it though. Will be surprising if it's true
I thought I saw Dhoni with moist eyes turn away from a camera while doing the lap around the stadium. Yuvi, Sachin, Nehra were clearly emotional, and Harbhajan was bawling like a baby...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah I fist pumped when Kohli said that. Very nice from the young kid.

Showed glimpses throughout this tournament, but inexperience reared its head and he often threw his wicket away. Will be a very vital cog in this Indian ODI team in the future.

Gambhir to replace Sachin as opener and Kohli to #3 imo.

R_D

International Debutant
Bowling was getting a lot of flake during the group matches..... Must say the bowlers have been brilliant during the knock out phase. They have bowled with discipline most of the time and the fielding has been brilliant. Having Yuvi, Raina and Kohli running around in the offside ring. They are awesome :)

I thought our Bowling will loose it for us but kudos to them... they have done a good job when it mattered. Special mention to Zaheer... WAFG... despite his 2 crappy overs today. He was awesome throughout the tournament otherwise.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Bowling was getting a lot of flake during the group matches.....

I thought our Bowling will loose it for us but kudos to them... they have done a good job when it mattered. Special mention to Zaheer... WAFG... despite his 2 crappy overs today. He was awesome throughout the tournament otherwise.
Sorry, not letting you get away with this one.

See below:
Well done Zaheer... u managed to **** up 2003...
Well done on 2011 as well
Very tough to chase this done.... Zaheer lost it in the last few overs... Once a bottler always a bottler.