• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* - Final - India v Sri Lanka

Who will win the World Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Francis

State Vice-Captain
I agree with all that except when you say SL has been more impressive than India. I mean they played England and NZ to get to the final, hardly box office stuff. India did it the hard way and came out playing well. SL might not have even made it to the final if they faced Australia then Pakistan.
I emphatically agree beating New Zealand is nothing to brag about, but India collapsed ALL THE TIME in this World Cup. The shocking thing about this match is India haven't relied on Tendulkar, Sehwag and Singh. I mean India choked against England and South Africa.

Sri Lanka always won their matches with their top four making tremendous scores. I mean every match they had a tremendous platform. And actually 270 should have been enough.

Spark

Global Moderator
I emphatically agree beating New Zealand is nothing to brag about, but India collapsed ALL THE TIME in this World Cup. The shocking thing about this match is India haven't relied on Tendulkar, Sehwag and Singh. I mean India choked against England and South Africa.

Sri Lanka always won their matches with their top four making tremendous scores. I mean every match they had a tremendous platform. And actually 270 should have been enough.
Yeah they've just been abysmal for the most part in the field.

Last roll of the dice.

Francis

State Vice-Captain
# Since the beginning of 2009 Muralitharan has 29 wickets at an average of 32.44 and economy rate of 4.76, well higher than his career average of 23.18 and economy rate of 3.92

Good time to retire.

INDIA​

Someone congratulate me on my 1,000th post!

Last edited:

Tendulkar_200*

School Boy/Girl Captain
A team that very nearly beat India...
Lol. To be fair England lost to two minnows in Bangladesh and Ireland. As Botham said the England ODI team has no ability. If India played up in a 5 match series they would win everyone. In fact at the time of the Mumbai attacks I believe England were 5 down in a 7 match series?

I think we took it easy on England after effortlessly putting up 330 odd we really thought England had no chance because they are so weak. Shows you should never underestimate anyone, even minnows!

Tendulkar_200*

School Boy/Girl Captain
NZ beat Pakistan by well over 100 runs

SL belted NZ in the group games

OZ completely suck right now

SL are a lot better than all of them

NZ v Pak- It was a group game and in a knockout Pak would have won for sure. Also Ross Taylor was dropped several times. It was a once in a blue moon result, that coming from an Indian fan.

OZ are better than most teams bar India.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lol. To be fair England lost to two minnows in Bangladesh and Ireland. As Botham said the England ODI team has no ability. If India played up in a 5 match series they would win everyone. In fact at the time of the Mumbai attacks I believe England were 5 down in a 7 match series?

I think we took it easy on England after effortlessly putting up 330 odd we really thought England had no chance because they are so weak. Shows you should never underestimate anyone, even minnows!
Example 121,199 of why many people dont want to see India win

Francis

State Vice-Captain
NZ v Pak- It was a group game and in a knockout Pak would have won for sure. Also Ross Taylor was dropped several times. It was a once in a blue moon result, that coming from an Indian fan.

I emphatically agree. It was a fluke... a once in a blue moon fluke. If they played in a playoff game Pakistan would have slaughtered NZ.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

The ONLY reason India is in the final is that Pakistan cant catch

Stop talking nosense and enjoy agreat moment for your country