• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mohali gears up for the mother of all finals

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not really the games were very competitive in tests India led 4-3 while Pakistan leads 13-12 in odi's, though I agree there was oversaturation of product.
3-3 in Tests, 4-3 to India if you count the 2007 series (Pakistan were heavily depleted in that tour). I'm pretty sure India would be in the lead if ODIs in that period were included. Won 3-2 and 4-1 in Pakistan, sandwiched by a 4-2 loss at home. The matches were mostly dull because a majority of them were played on roads.

smash84

The Tiger King
3-3 in Tests, 4-3 to India if you count the 2007 series (Pakistan were heavily depleted in that tour). I'm pretty sure India would be in the lead if ODIs in that period were included. Won 3-2 and 4-1 in Pakistan, sandwiched by a 4-2 loss at home. The matches were mostly dull because a majority of them were played on roads.
It was a real pity that Pakistan's bowling attacks were not as good in 00s otherwise the competition would have been much better with India given their team of 00s. I always that India as the favorites going into Indo-Pak matches in 00s. Surprisingly though Pakistan generally played a level above their normal games when they faced India.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Pakistan won a lot off one odi's Asia cup 2004, Champions trophy same year there was a one off game at Kolkatta where Salman scored his maiden 100 also a game in Amsterdam off all paces .Infact I read a report where it says the score is 17-17 since there last World cup fixture.

vcs

The bowling from both sides was mediocre TBH. Combine that with pitches fit for national highways and the games were not all that inspiring. Still, won't complain too much because we got an away Test series win in Pakistan basically by applying scoreboard pressure on flat tracks and unleashing Kumble on day 5.

vcs

Pakistan won a lot off one odi's Asia cup 2004, Champions trophy same year there was a one off game at Kolkatta where Salman scored his maiden 100 also a game in Amsterdam off all paces .Infact I read a report where it says the score is 17-17 since there last World cup fixture.
Yep, I remember. There was also a Kitply Cup or something in 2008 and a couple of Asia Cup matches in 2008 and 2010. And the CT match in 2009.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Don't want to create a new thread for this. There is a very good collection of 20 best Indo-Pak moments shown on Times Now (an Indian news channel). Here are the ones I can list from my memory of what I saw last night:

• Javed Miandad's last ball six off Chetan Sharma, Sharjahan '86
  • Aqib Javed's hattrick, Sharjahan '91
  • Javed Miandad mimicking More, World cup '92
  • Jadeja hits Waqar all over the park, World cup '96
  • Prasad knocks off Sohail's off stump, World cup '96
  • Ganguly's all-round show to win Sahara Cup 4-1, Toronto '97
  • Saeed Anwar blasts 194, Chennai '97
  • Kanitkar hits 4 off Saqlain to win Independence cup final, Dhaka '98
  • Tendulkar's 4th inning 134 in a losing cause, Chennai '99
  • Kumble takes all 10 wickets, Delhi '99
  • Shoaib Akhtar takes two in two to remove Dravid and Tendulkar, Kolkatta '99
  • Tendulkar's controversial run out, Kolkatta '99
  • Tendulkar hits 98 off 75 to eliminate Pakistan, World Cup '03
  • Sehwag smashes first triple hundred by an Indian, Multan '04
  • Tendulkar scores 141 to become first Indian centurion in Pakistan, Rawalpindi '04
  • Dhoni announces his arrival with 148, Vishakhapatnam '05
  • Irfan Pathan takes a first over hattrick, Karachi '06
  • Dhoni smashes 148, his maiden test century, Faislabad '06
  • India wins a bowl out, T20 world cup '07
  • Misbah-ul-Haq is caught by Sreesanth, T20 world cup '07

Admittedly more India moments than Pakistan moments but wow, those are some thrilling moments. Which one is your favorite?

vcs

Prasad to Sohail
Tendulkar's knock in 2003
Kanitkar (WAFG!)
Jadeja smacking Waqar

smash84

The Tiger King
Don't want to create a new thread for this. There is a very good collection of 20 best Indo-Pak moments shown on Times Now (an Indian news channel). Here are the ones I can list from my memory of what I saw last night:

• Javed Miandad's last ball six off Chetan Sharma, Sharjahan '86
  • Aqib Javed's hattrick, Sharjahan '91
  • Javed Miandad mimicking More, World cup '92
  • Jadeja hits Waqar all over the park, World cup '96
  • Prasad knocks off Sohail's off stump, World cup '96
  • Ganguly's all-round show to win Sahara Cup 4-1, Toronto '97
  • Saeed Anwar blasts 194, Chennai '97
  • Kanitkar hits 4 off Saqlain to win Independence cup final, Dhaka '98
  • Tendulkar's 4th inning 134 in a losing cause, Chennai '99
  • Kumble takes all 10 wickets, Delhi '99
  • Shoaib Akhtar takes two in two to remove Dravid and Tendulkar, Kolkatta '99
  • Tendulkar's controversial run out, Kolkatta '99
  • Tendulkar hits 98 off 75 to eliminate Pakistan, World Cup '03
  • Sehwag smashes first triple hundred by an Indian, Multan '04
  • Tendulkar scores 141 to become first Indian centurion in Pakistan, Rawalpindi '04
  • Dhoni announces his arrival with 148, Vishakhapatnam '05
  • Irfan Pathan takes a first over hattrick, Karachi '06
  • Dhoni smashes 148, his maiden test century, Faislabad '06
  • India wins a bowl out, T20 world cup '07
  • Misbah-ul-Haq is caught by Sreesanth, T20 world cup '07

Admittedly more India moments than Pakistan moments but wow, those are some thrilling moments. Which one is your favorite?
This has a fair few Pakistan moments missing. Imran's 40 wickets in a series against India. Pakistan's reply of 4-1 defeat in Sahara cup by inflicting 4-1 defeat next year. However I must say that it is a great list indeed of great India Pakistan cricket moments.

My all time favorite though is the last ball 6 from Miandad. One of the epic moments in cricket history :).........

vcs

Wasim's over to Rahul Dravid in the famous Chennai '99 Test should be added to the list IMO.

Xuhaib

International Coach
My best Pak-Indo moment has to be Karachi 06 met my dad after 4 years decided to do a father-son bonding moment by going to the game within no time it became 39-6 and then the Akmal hundred followed by Asif's spell it was an unreal day which i will never forget.