Cricket Player Manager

View Poll Results: Who will win this match?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • England

9 33.33%
  • West Indies

18 66.67%
Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Match 36 - England v West Indies

*Official* Match 36 - England v West Indies

England v West Indies
    Thu Mar 17

MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chepauk, Chennai
    09:00 GMT | 14:30 local | 20:00 EST | 19:30 CST | 17:00 WST

England Squad

Andrew Strauss (captain), James Anderson, Ian Bell, Ravi Bopara, Tim Bresnan, Paul Collingwood, Matt Prior (wicketkeeper), Ajmal Shahzad, Graeme Swann, James Tredwell, Jonathan Trott, Luke Wright, Michael Yardy, Chris Tremlett

West Indies Squad

Darren Sammy (captain), Sulieman Benn, Dwayne Bravo, Darren Bravo, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Kirk Edwards, Chris Gayle, Nikita Miller, Kieron Pollard, Ravi Rampaul, Kemar Roach, Andre Russell, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Devon Smith, Devon Thomas (wicketkeeper)

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    ****ing nervous tbh.

My XI:

Strauss
    Trott
    Bell
    Bopara
    Morgan
    Collingwood
    Prior
    Bresnan
    Swann
    Shazhad
    Tremlett

Don't want to drop Jimmy as if there's any player who could win it for us it's him but at the same time he's the most likely to cost us it so he has to sit this one out I think.
    Phillip Hughes 1988-2014

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Not fussed to be honest, either lose now and go home or lose in quarters, no difference really. Quite relaxed about whole thing.

School Boy/Girl Captain Tendulkar_200*'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    ****ing nervous tbh.

My XI:

Strauss
    Trott
    Bell
    Bopara
    Morgan
    Collingwood
    Prior
    Bresnan
    Swann
    Shazhad
    Tremlett

Don't want to drop Jimmy as if there's any player who could win it for us it's him but at the same time he's the most likely to cost us it so he has to sit this one out I think.
    Good time for me to a get a quick post in before going to the wards

I can see why you're nervoous tbh. Even if we discard the shambolic loss to two minnows, there is the issue of you opening with Trott. Doesn't this guy have a strike rate of 70 odd? Hardly going to give the best start is he? KP will be missed for sure. Collingwood is past his sell by date and Bopara has yet to cement his place. I think West Indies will take a fancy to this batting lineup.

School Boy/Girl Captain Tendulkar_200*'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Not fussed to be honest, either lose now and go home or lose in quarters, no difference really. Quite relaxed about whole thing.

That's quite a good attitude as to me, England have not demonstrated at all that they have a realistic chance of winning this cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendulkar_200* View Post
    Good time for me to a get a quick post in before going to the wards

I can see why you're nervoous tbh. Even if we discard the shambolic loss to two minnows, there is the issue of you opening with Trott. Doesn't this guy have a strike rate of 70 odd? Hardly going to give the best start is he? KP will be missed for sure. Collingwood is past his sell by date and Bopara has yet to cement his place. I think West Indies will take a fancy to this batting lineup.
    Trott's the only guy (aside from Strauss) that I would bet on still being there after 4 overs. He is a run machine and we should get him out there for as long as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    I honestly wouldn't bet against us against any of the top sides with the way we've performed so far. Probably wouldn't bet on us either, but.

Think the quarters will be better if we're there tbh.

Surely the match most looked forward to of the whole group stage, at least from a pre-match perspective? Something actually on the line here.

Should be awesome.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Think we're toast, tbh.

You know Jimmy will be in the XI and you know we'll open with Prior.

Even if we win we could still be out too anyway. Windies beat India and Bangladesh defeat the already-qualified SA it'll be down to our NRR versus the hosts and ours vastly inferior currently.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Can't see both of those results happening though, surely

Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Can't see both of those results happening though, surely
    SA are apparently going to rest players, which is a bit worrying.

Anyway, we have to win first I guess... I reckon we're going to. Strauss, Swann and Bresnan to all have big games... hopefully!

Windies need Gayle for this but I can see England springing a "surprise". Swann has a great record against the Windies and they have a plethora of left handers, which he loves. Interested to see if Russell gets a go here, did well in the Windies last game and offers more fire-power up top than Sammy.

Quote Originally Posted by four_or_six View Post
    SA are apparently going to rest players, which is a bit worrying.

Anyway, we have to win first I guess... I reckon we're going to. Strauss, Swann and Bresnan to all have big games... hopefully!
    Only players who can realistically be rested are Steyn and Morne due to the injuries to AB and Tahir. Yet even then South Africa would have an attack of Lopsy, Parnell, Kallis, Robbie P and Botha which should still account for Bangladesh. Also, there is a chance they could get lumped with a tie away in Sri Lanka against Sri Lanka, so they will be hoping to stay in India and avoid travelling and avoid that big banana skin.

Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy View Post
    Only players who can realistically be rested are Steyn and Morne due to the injuries to AB and Tahir. Yet even then South Africa would have an attack of Lopsy, Parnell, Kallis, Robbie P and Botha which should still account for Bangladesh. Also, there is a chance they could get lumped with a tie away in Sri Lanka against Sri Lanka, so they will be hoping to stay in India and avoid travelling and avoid that big banana skin.
    Only one quarter final will be in India, the one India play. SA will either head to Sri Lanka or Bangladesh to play one of Pakistan, New Zealand or Australia.
    "Your averages, captain, coaches and players can probably survive incompetence over a relatively short series, so if youíre going to be rubbish, make sure itís against Pakistan, Sri Lanka, New Zealand or someone."

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Only one quarter final will be in India, the one India play. SA will either head to Sri Lanka or Bangladesh to play one of Pakistan, New Zealand or Australia.
    Bangladesh is same meat different gravy, Sri Lanka isn't. Think it would be harder to go there without any practice and expect to perform against sides use to the conditions.

Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread Information