• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 35 - Australia v Canada

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spark

Global Moderator
Oh dear. Oooooooh dear. Punter punter punter.

Hide in the rooms. Hide the TVs. And the cricket balls. And Steve Smith.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pull shot again? A few bowlers and captains will certainly be taking note to test him out in the quarters..

Spark

Global Moderator
Strange game comes to a strange end. Looks pretty boring on the scorecard but a lot of odd, interesting and amusing things happened in it.

BeeGee

International Captain
I guess a win is a win. Australia still unbeaten, but looked a little scratchy in their last two games against minnows (even though it looked comfortable on paper). The real test of their form will be the game against Pakistan. Should be a cracker, can't wait!! :)

What's up with Ponting? He just seems to get angrier and angrier. It seems to me like he needs to just forget about his captaincy worries and just concentrate on his batting.

Last edited:

kingkallis

International Coach
I guess a win is a win. Australia still unbeaten, but looked a little scratchy in their last two games against minnows (even though it looked comfortable on paper). The real test of their form will be the game against Pakistan. Should be a cracker, can't wait!! :)

What's up with Ponting? He just seems to get angrier and angrier. It seems to me like he needs to just forget about his captaincy worries and just concentrate on his batting.
Frustrated! Its time he hangs his boot.

Engle

State Vice-Captain
Well done Canada

Good campaign by the Canadians and gracious farewell to John Davison, a class act

Blaze 18

Banned
The Aussie juggernaut rolls on. Another comfortable World Cup win. The only worrying aspect for Australia ahead of their knockout games is that they haven't been tested yet. Saturday's game is going to be awesome.

Top_Cat

Lee back in the side, over-rates become a problem. Must be a coincidence.

Also, I dunno if I believe Ponting's little spit was at Smith for that catch alone. Got to be more to it.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Also, I dunno if I believe Ponting's little spit was at Smith for that catch alone. Got to be more to it.
Does there really have to be more to it? I don't know that it's all that relevant either. He publically humiliated a teammate (and himself), especially a young up and comer like Smith. If there's a problem in the ranks it should manifest itself off field, not mid match, mid tournament. Absolutely pathetic leadership, especially when his lead by example nature is one of the things that has always eclipsed his tactical nous as a captain.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Does there really have to be more to it? I don't know that it's all that relevant either. He publically humiliated a teammate (and himself), especially a young up and comer like Smith. If there's a problem in the ranks it should manifest itself off field, not mid match, mid tournament. Absolutely pathetic leadership, especially when his lead by example nature is one of the things that has always eclipsed his tactical nous as a captain.
Wait wait, what happen? I seem to have missed it. And is there a video of it?

Top_Cat

Human cracks under pressure. Film at 11.

That he's previously been so sanctimonious about stuff like this is the only thing making it newsworthy for mine. It's a high-performance arena, **** happens. Remember Steve Waugh giving his players a spray years ago when they struggled to beat Scotland in a WC match and then giving them a serve in the presser afterward and there's AB's infamous spit at Craig McDermott, telling him to **** off home. It's definitely not the most constructive way to deal with such things but when you can see your team is switched-off, sometimes you need to crack the whip a bit. Will be forgotten quickly I reckon.

Last edited:

Top_Cat

tbh, I can't blame Ponting too much for being annoyed. His much-vaunted pace attack got absolutely smashed initially by one bloke who probably never batted higher than 8 or 9 in Shield cricket and another joker with one scoring area which everyone other than Tait, Johnson and Lee knew about before the game.

They tried to bully the Canadians and got spanked. Canada got past 200 and they only took 6 wickets against Kenya the other day. I'd be ****ing pissed too.

Last edited: