• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 32 - Bangladesh v Netherlands

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Cricket Web Owner
Bangladesh v Netherlands
Mon Mar 14

Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chittagong
03:30 GMT | 09:30 local | 14:30 EST | 14:00 CST | 11:30 WST

Bangladesh Squad

Shakib Al Hasan (captain), Tamim Iqbal, Abdur Razzak, Imrul Kayes, Junaid Siddique, Mahmudullah, Mohammad Ashraful, Mushfiqur Rahim (wicketkeeper), Naeem Islam, Nazmul Hossain, Raqibul Hasan, Rubel Hossain, Shafiul Islam, Shahriar Nafees, Suhrawadi Shuvo

Netherlands Squad

Peter Borren (captain), Adeel Raja, Wesley Barresi (wicketkeeper), Mudassar Bukhari, Atse Buurman (wicketkeeper), Tom Cooper, Tom de Grooth, Alexei Kervezee, Bradley Kruger, Bernard Loots, Pieter Seelaar, Eric Szwarczynski, Ryan ten Doeschate, Berend Westdijk, Bas Zuiderent

0RI0N

State 12th Man
I am actually looking forward to this game. Bangle spinners should be too good for the 0ranje batsmen.

cnerd123

likes this
BD are favourites.

Which is why they'll lose.

EDIT: And Orion, didn't you predict England would Lose to RSA?

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Goes without saying that Bangers must win this to build on the England game. The Dutch won't make it easy for them, though.

IndiaLose

U19 12th Man
Goes without saying that Bangers must win this to build on the England game. The Dutch won't make it easy for them, though.
Indeed. A week ago it looked like Bangladesh had no chance of going to QF, but the win against England keeps their hopes alive. They have to beat Netherlands to have a good chance, which Netherlands knows about. Surely, the Dutch will give them a tough fight. I have a feeling that Netherlands will win this game.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
What's it coming to when we're relying on the Dutch to do us a favour?

Reminiscent of Mike Bassett - England Manager, when we have to rely on Luxembourg...

Blaze 18

Banned
As long as Bangladesh don't beat both Netherlands and South Africa, England don't really have anything to worry about. Their fate rests in their hands alone - if they beat West Indies they are through, thanks to their far superior net run-rate.

Challis

U19 12th Man
As long as Bangladesh don't beat both Netherlands and South Africa, England don't really have anything to worry about. Their fate rests in their hands alone - if they beat West Indies they are through, thanks to their far superior net run-rate.
It's unlikely that net run rate will play a part in separating Bangladesh and England, unless of course a tie occurs. England are on 5 points with one game left against the WI, Bangladesh are on 4 points with two games left, against the Netherlands and SA.
If Eng (narrowly) beat WI and Bangladesh wins it's two games then Eng will be on 7 points and Bangladesh on 8 points,so obviously NRR will not come into it and Bangladesh will advance.
Also if we assume SA will beat Ire they will be on 8 points ( assuming that they lose to Bangladesh as above) and too will advance. We have already assumed that WI will lose against Eng so that leaves one game left with India. If India beats WI then England and India go through, but if WI (narrowly) beat India then WI go through on 8 points leaving the last spot between India and England decided by net run rate, and at the moment India's NRR is greater than England's so in theory (ie lots of assumptions) England might still not advance even if they beat the WI, I think...

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Why is everyone so certain that England will beat WI? England have patented the batting collapse, and WI have heaps of firepower in Gayle, Bravo and Pollard. Unless WI take thier foot off the gas (which I doubt they'll do considering they have the opportunity to top the group) it should be a competetive game imo.

This shapes up as a huge game. I've been gunning for the Dutch the whole way through but a Banladesh win would make the group so much more interesting from this point on.

Challis

U19 12th Man
Why is everyone so certain that England will beat WI? England have patented the batting collapse, and WI have heaps of firepower in Gayle, Bravo and Pollard. Unless WI take thier foot off the gas (which I doubt they'll do considering they have the opportunity to top the group) it should be a competetive game imo.

This shapes up as a huge game. I've been gunning for the Dutch the whole way through but a Banladesh win would make the group so much more interesting from this point on.
I'm not sure, personally I think it's 50/50, and am desperately hoping for a WI win

BeeGee

International Captain
Go the Bangers!!

They've been a little disappointing so far, but I'm still hoping they can make the QFs.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
A little hungover and relieved to see there is an early game on today. Netherlands could really spoil Bangladesh's party here.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Razzak already into the attack and this guy loves associates. Gonna be a tough test for the Dutch.

IndiaLose

U19 12th Man
Shaifiul is a much better bowler than nehra or patel. His deliveries are direct and fast. Also, he is a handy batsman in the lower order. Nehra and Patel have zero batting abilities.

Common Bangladesh win this match.

Last edited: