• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why Nehra

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha yeah. He'd have finished the match a couple of overs earlier. At least Nehra has a decent record in the last year, bowled well in the ODIs in SL and in the Asia Cup. It's gone pear-shaped for him since the series in SA this year.

slippy888

International Captain
Two other points i want to make india are better off using the batting powerplay if they are setting a total in the last 5 overs, they get to excited and try to slog every ball for a 4 or a 6 and end up losing wickets. And in the death overs when india are bowling you never see them bowl the bouncer or short ball to the tailenders, this ball is a good ball to bowl to the lower order and tailenders.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Salman's post was deleted. I agree there's no need to spell anything out. FFS, there might be kids reading this. There's a 99.99% chance they'll still know exactly what we're talking about, but no need to make it explicit.
Someone is thinking of the children! Looks like PEWS has company.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I think it's obvious why Nehra bowled the last over yesterday. It's all part of getting different people to get experience in meaningless group games so that they're ready for the knockout ganes, a bit like the top order slogging to get the middle order time in the middle (a plan which incidentally clearly showed its benefits yesterday)

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think it's obvious why Nehra bowled the last over yesterday. It's all part of getting different people to get experience in meaningless group games so that they're ready for the knockout ganes, a bit like the top order slogging to get the middle order time in the middle (a plan which incidentally clearly showed its benefits yesterday)
:mellow:

prampar

Cricket Spectator
amazing decision..Nehra seems too have Dhoni's confidence. Dhoni says he has been our priemier bowler over the last two years.I dont understand he was taken apart by New Zealand and South Africa. Not the time for MS to have a brain freeze.

IndiaLose

U19 12th Man
amazing decision..Nehra seems too have Dhoni's confidence. Dhoni says he has been our priemier bowler over the last two years.I dont understand he was taken apart by New Zealand and South Africa. Not the time for MS to have a brain freeze.
The entire Indian team alongwith Captian cave in under pressure when it comes down to last over.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Everyone I spoke to before that last over was bowled (people watching the game with me, mates that SMSed me right before the over, and a friend emailing me from friggin' London) immediately criticised the Nehra decision before he even bowled a ball. Check out the match thread, CW said the same thing.

Not sure why everyone is pretending like this criticism is hindsight.
+1

I also wanted Harbhajan to bowl that last over. There is generally a tendency to avoid bowling spinners the last over when defending a total, and I mostly agree with that thinking. But Harbhajan is a very intelligent limited over bowler (and again, that is not hindsight. I have always maintained that in spite of his wicket drought that was being roundly criticised). If he is good enough to bowl the 47th over, he should be considered good enough for the 50th too.

Blaze 18

Banned
:laugh: