Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: indian bowling is horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Teja. View Post
    South Africa, on paper, should walk this but then they're South Africa tbf.

It's between SA and Oz IMO.

India has a laughable bowling line-up and I doubt they'll make the semis tbh.
    As much as i usually under rate Pakistan their bowling attack is probably the best for this WC. I would put Pakistan ahead of SA. I would only decide about Aus once they play a non-minnow team.
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

India's bowling is not horrible. Its just ridiculously inconsistent. The same set of bowlers might perform really well in a different match. I think the match against England is a good wake up call for Indian bowlers. They just thought after scoring 338, game was in their bag. Bowlers were spraying down the leg side and bowling short. And fielding was a joke. I am happy that it came in the early stages of this tournament and i am sure they gonna do well in the remaining part of the tournament.

How about Pakistan? They are gonna be the dark horses of this tournament. Terrific bowling unit. Decent batting side. Just that batting needs to be consistent. And after 2 Wc's of going out in the first round, You would feel they are due.

Simon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    As much as i usually under rate Pakistan their bowling attack is probably the best for this WC. I would put Pakistan ahead of SA. I would only decide about Aus once they play a non-minnow team.
    Pakistan are playing their matches in Srilanka though.

Bowling there and in India can be completely different.

Simon Champion!

No way are either SA and Australia beating India on a lower scoring turner.

I don't rate Pak bowling as the best 3rd is the max you can give them Gul can have really off days Shoaib only shows flashes of brilliance the spinners I agree are good but there is no Murali or Swann among them had Aamer been there then they certainly would have been the best attack

International Debutant salman85's Avatar
    India's bowling is probably not as poor as it is made out to be,but is it enigmatic enough to defend a total like 150 for example?

The one bowler who can single handedly win matches for them is Harbhajan.Zaheer Khan has had a revival of fortunes off late,but despite that he is not a match winner IMO.I am a firm believer in the fact that a strong bowling lineup should have atleast one world class fast bowler,who can single handedly win you a game.And India don't have that bowler.Not Zaheer,Not Munaf.Not anyone in their world cup squad.

Australia have Lee and Johnson,South Africa have Steyn (Yes his ODI record isn't as impressive as his test record,but the man is still pure class),Pakistan have Gul and Shoaib.

Batting in this world cup won't be difficult.Plus,in the spinner friendly pitches would ensure that even a good spinner would look better than he actually is.The difference maker IMO,will be a match winning fast bowler.James Anderson can be dreamlike on his day,but that day has to be on helpful conditions.Otherwise he is going to get belted around,which he was in the last game.The fast bowler argument is why i think Pakistan,Australia and South Africa have the best attacks in the tournament.There isn't a lot to choose between them IMO.

If you're going to win a World Cup,you need match winning fast bowlers.Sweet and Simple.

Thankyou for your participation India,Srilanka and England.
    Last edited by salman85; 01-03-2011 at 12:46 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cevno View Post
    No way are either SA and Australia beating India on a lower scoring turner.
    Boy, setting yourself up for a fall there mate.

Not really. Whatever the case he can just say "that wasn't a lower scoring turner."

Provided a terrific get-out clause there lol.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Quote Originally Posted by salman85 View Post
    India's bowling is probably not as poor as it is made out to be,but is it enigmatic enough to defend a total like 150 for example?

The one bowler who can single handedly win matches for them is Harbhajan.Zaheer Khan has had a revival of fortunes off late,but despite that he is not a match winner IMO.I am a firm believer in the fact that a strong bowling lineup should have atleast one world class fast bowler,who can single handedly win you a game.And India don't have that bowler.Not Zaheer,Not Munaf.Not anyone in their world cup squad.

Australia have Lee and Johnson,South Africa have Steyn (Yes his ODI record isn't as impressive as his test record,but the man is still pure class),Pakistan have Gul and Shoaib.

Batting in this world cup won't be difficult.Plus,in the spinner friendly pitches would ensure that even a good spinner would look better than he actually is.The difference maker IMO,will be a match winning fast bowler.James Anderson can be dreamlike on his day,but that day has to be on helpful conditions.Otherwise he is going to get belted around,which he was in the last game.The fast bowler argument is why i think Pakistan,Australia and South Africa have the best attacks in the tournament.There isn't a lot to choose between them IMO.

If you're going to win a World Cup,you need match winning fast bowlers.Sweet and Simple.

Thankyou for your participation India,Srilanka and England.
    If you need to win the world cup every department of your team should be good enough. Pakistan, SA, Australia and SL have a good bowling line up. But except probably SA others will no way match the strong Indian batting line up. So virtually that makes up for it. Thats why this is such an open tournament. Every team has its strength and weaknesses. No way can predict one is gonna out do the other. Anything can happen in the knock out stages.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Not really. Whatever the case he can just say "that wasn't a lower scoring turner."

Provided a terrific get-out clause there lol.
    Doesn't matter how low and slow the pitch is, if you get it right at 150kph or thereabouts, you're always a chance.

Missed my point tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Prad100w View Post
    If you need to win the world cup every department of your team should be good enough. Pakistan, SA, Australia and SL have a good bowling line up. But except probably SA others will no way match the strong Indian batting line up. So virtually that makes up for it. Thats why this is such an open tournament. Every team has its strength and weaknesses. No way can predict one is gonna out do the other. Anything can happen in the knock out stages.
    spot on

International Debutant salman85's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prad100w View Post
    No it doesnt make up for it.Teams with strong bowling lineups are always better than teams with strong batting lineups.But yes,the tournament is wide open,that i agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by salman85 View Post
    No it doesnt make up for it.Teams with strong bowling lineups are always better than teams with strong batting lineups.But yes,the tournament is wide open,that i agree with.
    First of all, i am talking about this WC, not in general. Atleast in the sub continent it does. Prime example being Srilanka in the 1996 WC. Their bowling attack was just average compared to most of the other strong teams. But their batting was immensely strong. And that won them the world cup. Sure bowlers bowled well the odd day. But its quite obvious it was the batting which won it. Considering India's case in this WC, their batting is as good as the SL batting side in 1996 and bowling is quite similar. On the whole, i agree that sides with the great bowling line up has dominated more.
    Last edited by Prad100w; 01-03-2011 at 11:22 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information