• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan Discussion

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Left-arm pace bowler Junaid Khan, who replaced the injured fast bowler Sohail Tanvir in Pakistan's World Cup squad, has said he is not overawed at the prospect of making his international debut on such a big stage.

"I'll treat it as just another game of cricket," Junaid told PakPassion.net - The Home of Pakistan Cricket. "I've represented my country at junior levels and Pakistan A, so I know what the responsibility of playing for your country is like. I don't think I'll have any nerves and I'm confident I can handle the situation."

Junaid was selected on the basis of his consistent showing on Pakistan's domestic circuit. In 35 first-class games, he has picked up 167 wickets at an average of just above 21. He was also the second-highest wicket-taker for Pakistan A in the unofficial ODI series during their recent tour of West Indies where he picked up five wickets in three games.

"I've been working so hard over the last couple of seasons and I feel that I have consistently improved as a bowler, "Junaid said. "I've also been working hard on my batting and I feel that my call-up for the World Cup is warranted as I have done consistently well at all levels for Pakistan."

There have been several high-voltage clashes between India and Pakistan in previous World Cups and Junaid said he was looking forward to another such encounter. "Just getting a chance to play in the World Cup is a dream come true for me," he told GEO Super channel. "But if we get to play against India in the World Cup, it would be a blast to bowl at [Sachin] Tendulkar and get him out. It is an ambition for me."
LMAO....its like every other Pak fasty is born to go after Tendulkar....

Blaze 18

Banned
If Junaid Khan plays his first match against India, he is pretty much guaranteed Tendulkar's wicket. Tendulkar loves getting out to debutants - holds the world record for that, right ?

Howe_zat

Audio File
I skimmed over this thread and got the impression a Pakistani fan was arguing with himself.

Need to learn to read names rather than look at the avatars.

smash84

The Tiger King
If Junaid Khan plays his first match against India, he is pretty much guaranteed Tendulkar's wicket. Tendulkar loves getting out to debutants - holds the world record for that, right ?
lol.....It might well be......Tendulkar's biggest fear is usually getting out to the debutantes and not the established bowlers :)

That is true, Faisal and smalishah have near identical avatars.
Please Blaze. My avatar is better quality than Faisal's low cost/low quality agfa color photo :cool:

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
I skimmed over this thread and got the impression a Pakistani fan was arguing with himself.

Need to learn to read names rather than look at the avatars.
LMAO.......Pakistani thread....how could you not think that way eh?

2 Imrans and 1 Akram...

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
WATCH OUT FOR PAKISTAN in this world cup.

they have absolutely ZERO pressure on them. nobody has been looking at the teams performance with any judgement. it was all about the off field controversy.

consequently, these guys are basicalyl free to just play.

i'm tipping pakistan to make the semi's at least- and from there, if they get going, it is anybodys game.

as an indian/aussie, the prospect of india v pakistan in semis is MOUTHWATERING.
i love watching pakistani cricket and would love for them to have a great tournament.
certainly more than teams like lanka, safrica and aus.

matchwinners are there:
razzak, afridi, shoaib, younis, gul etc.
a tournament like this is made for teams like pakistan (especially when they're under no pressure), as past form really doesnt mean too much at all.

was impressed with them against south africa and nz in odi's. may just spring a surprise.

smash84

The Tiger King
WATCH OUT FOR PAKISTAN in this world cup.

they have absolutely ZERO pressure on them. nobody has been looking at the teams performance with any judgement. it was all about the off field controversy.

consequently, these guys are basicalyl free to just play.

i'm tipping pakistan to make the semi's at least- and from there, if they get going, it is anybodys game.

as an indian/aussie, the prospect of india v pakistan in semis is MOUTHWATERING.
i love watching pakistani cricket and would love for them to have a great tournament.
certainly more than teams like lanka, safrica and aus.

matchwinners are there:
razzak, afridi, shoaib, younis, gul etc.
a tournament like this is made for teams like pakistan (especially when they're under no pressure), as past form really doesnt mean too much at all.

was impressed with them against south africa and nz in odi's. may just spring a surprise.
thanks for all the support pal..........an india pakistan semi final would be epic