• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England fans - who do you want to win?

Which semi-finalist do the England fans want to win the World Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shoggz

School Boy/Girl Captain
Sri Lanka (primarily as I put money on them before the tournament :laugh: )

Then:

New Zealand
South Africa
Australia

in that order.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sri Lanka, even after their kick in the teeth to the Australia v Sri Lanka spectators/viewers.

New Zealand are extremely dull to watch and are mostly mediocre, as my dad says when Italy win 1-0 borefests in football "they'll do away with the game".

South Africa are also dull, lacking in character and are somewhat manufactured (bowling is mass produced seamers and robotic batting - all a bit devoid of flair). They've got the witness who's obviously a tosser. Also they're a bit of a bully team who don't like it up 'em - which isn't a particularly endearing trait either.

Australia win more than enough as it is.

Sri Lanka winning would be the best for cricket, they've got a few exciting players, some character and an enthusiasm for the game.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
NZ and Sri Lanka first, New Zealand have always been by second/third team and this Sri Lankan side is just cool. Then the Saffers I guess cos they've not won it before and Australia are last by default.

Blaze

Banned
Scaly - nothing more boring than watching Collingwood and Bell bat together..

I wouldn't say NZ are that dull though. Perhaps you could comment on whether you find these guys dull?

Fleming - one of the most classical batsmen going round

Taylor - NZs most exciting young batsman since Macca

Macca - tbh there is nothing dull about Macca

Oram - I agree that his bowling is dull, but his batting is anything but.

McCullum - An attacking lower order player who recently scored the fastest world cup 50.

Bond - probably the best ODI bowler going around at the moment...

Fulton, Styris, Franklin, Gillespie, Vettori, Patel, Mason, Marshall aren't anything special though, I agree.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Scaly - nothing more boring than watching Collingwood and Bell bat together..

I wouldn't say NZ are that dull though. Perhaps you could comment on whether you find these guys dull?
Weren't you just chastising your countrymen the other day for presupposition in his direction?

(And this is not a comment about the person Blaze was commenting on in any way)

Blaze

Banned
:huh:

(The smiley is more than it seems)
well i am not exactly bashing scaly for his view on NZ. I just want an honest opinion from him about the players I mentioned.

it's a bit different to just quoting his post with a 8-) and saying 'here comes scaly with the kiwi bashing again'

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hmm, fair enough I suppose.

I won't say anything further on the board because I've promised the company I won't.