• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Underwhelming

Blaze

Banned
Is anyone else finding this world cup underwhelming?

Maybe it is just because the games start at 2am here and we have had limited coverage, but I have found that I am not even excited by the super 8 games (which isn't helped by Ireland being in the super 8).

The crowds have been terrible, and the whole thing just looks boring on TV.

I thought I would like the Super 8 format but it is too drawn out imo. The games aren't vital for teams to win, because you get so many chances.

The_Bunny

State Regular
Is anyone else finding this world cup underwhelming?

Maybe it is just because the games start at 2am here and we have had limited coverage, but I have found that I am not even excited by the super 8 games (which isn't helped by Ireland being in the super 8).

The crowds have been terrible, and the whole thing just looks boring on TV.

I thought I would like the Super 8 format but it is too drawn out imo. The games aren't vital for teams to win, because you get so many chances.
You musnt have seen SRL vs SA last night....

And Matty Hayden...

And the upsets added some excitement to the group stages for me

So far boring has been everything this world cup is not IMO....

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You musnt have seen SRL vs SA last night....

And Matty Hayden...

And the upsets added some excitement to the group stages for me

So far boring has been everything this world cup is not IMO....
Agreed.

Been disappointed with the crowds and lack of atmosphere though.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
The crowds have been crap and ideally you'd want a bit more life in the wickets, but I certainly think it's been a very good WC so far. Big tournaments are usually remembered for their finish though, so we'll see how it turns out.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Like others have said, I've been disappointed with the lack of crowds. Those people that did turn up certainly gave it their best effort to make it fun though, there has been a whole heap of singing and dancing in the games I've watched so far. We are getting to the business end of the tournament though, so things should pick up.

Simon

I agree with Matt to an extent, given the time of day the matches are on Australian time ive found it hard to get into the games, i wouldnt say what ive seen has been boring but it's tough to get excited about cricket at 4 in the morning day after day...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Loved it, and I didn't even watch the best match of the tournament so far, and my team went out in the group stage lol.

Hoppy1987

U19 Debutant
good world cup, some very memorable moments, ie matty haydens knock, malinga last night, and ZIm vs Ire!! What a finish! As for super eights the last few games is when the excitement will show but until then (yawn)

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
It's been a decent WC so far IMO but the quality of cricket and the amount of people present at matches has been pretty poor.Let's hope it improves throughtout the rest of the tournament.

Zinzan

I'm enjoying it (apart from the Woolmer affair) , I actually would have thought the only fans that aren't up to this point would have been the Pakistan and Indian fans :happy:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I've been loving it really. Although this is my first really serious WC - I wasn't tremendously "in" to cricket during the last one - I was only just starting to fully appreciate it all back then - so that could have something to do with it.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Loved it, and I didn't even watch the best match of the tournament so far, and my team went out in the group stage lol.
What was the best match then Jono?

ANyhow, I'm enjoying what I've watched. highlights only for me from tomorrow onwards though :@

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Have only watched 2 games in full so far so it's been kinda hard to enjoy. Work\gym-going patterns have not been Cup-friendly, and when they have I've not exactly been enthralled by the prospect of Bermuda vs India or Canada vs New Zealand.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
This is my fourth World Cup, I suppose. I remember bits of pieces of '92 but I was really too young to appreciate it, and it's just snippets of the odd game that I recall anyway. I'd have watched most WC games in the three cups since then though, and then this one. '99 has been my favourite by a fair distance, and in all probability this one won't surpass it, but there's certainly potential there.

Best game so far was probably the one last night, but I didn't watch all that much of it live due to the Australia/Windies match and then sleep. Best one I've watched through would be Ireland and Zimbabwe for the contest, or Australia and South Africa for the quality of cricket.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah it's been an amazing WC.

And to be brutally honest, it would've been perfect if...

a) We had a better crowd in.

b) We had an India/Pak match.

c) Woolmer had not died :(.