• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Crowds

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Let's be honest here, Kiwi or Canadian cricket fans aside, who is really going to play US$50 to watch New Zealand v Canada?
That's about £25 isn't it?

2 years back I paid £30 for Australia vs Bangladesh, even though it was clearly going to be a short game (this was before the Cardiff game happened!)

However that's in England which I would imagine to be a more affluent country.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Nicholas bemoaning the large number of empty seats for Aus-SA when the ground only holds 10 000.

Crowds here are a big worry for me (as already stated)

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Costs me a fiver to get into Yorkshire 20Twenty games, can't understand why a world cup match should be anywhere as near cheap as that.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I see. Well I've only been there once, and didn't see any state games, however I saw a grade game between two prety decent sides. I can't remember whether I had to pay or not, but the standard was really good, I can't actually remember the game that well since I was only 12.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I see, words don't carry well over the internet. It was more like a curious why, rather than a demaning one.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Too true. Richard is often an unfortunate victim of misinterpreted text on here.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
its probably sell out too but the visa got the better of it...i see alot of refund forms being filled in for the tickets...

LA ICE-E

State Captain
also there's not much crowd in the beginning of the games because it starts so early...but they get little bit better near the innings break...

Beleg

International Regular
LA ICE-E,

$90 is NOT cheap unless you are loaded. The 14-22 demographic is often the most vocal cricket supporters and most of us can't afford prices like that. (specially not more than once)

Beleg

International Regular
In the SA-AUS game today, tickets cost $90 at the beginning and the ground was pretty much empty. They realized their mistake in the interval and brought the price down to $12 which, coupled with a few other factors, also brought in the crowd.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
uh its not $90 for most of the games...its $50, only when WI,AUS,IND,ENG played it was $90 the rest was $50 and thats for the best seats...so if your not loaded you dont need the best seats either...plus i was saying its cheap considering to the prices of tickets here, and other such tournaments...price isn't really the issue, visa is...plus the locals cant take off days to see foriegn teams play so that doesn't matter anyway (regarding the local enconomy), there pretty good crowds when WI is playing...