• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Crowds

LA ICE-E

State Captain
And no doubt you can back that sort of comment up with proof that the money isn't going to be going back into Cricket then?

Also, you can prove that the money goes to the ICC in the first place?
What? Where are you getting that from? I back up the ICC in a lot of things, I think you'd already know that. But when i say cricket i mean like at the expense of crickets image (small crowds, etc. is making it look bad). I know ICC does that to develop cricket in as many places as possible but there's some flaws in it. It has to make it's root strong 1st then move on, and right now WI can't get any stronger and their hope of this wc brining WI up didn't happen. So ICC needs to help wi and look at zim but also you can't spread a game when you r the one making it look bad. so icc needs to change some of it but i guess the crowds just didn't come this wc.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
"I was at matches early in the event where there was a lot of noise. I can't help it if people want to take a critical approach to all issues."
Malcolm Speed comes out fighting against critics who have said games have lacked atmosphere. Clearly Mr Speed has been watching a different World Cup to the rest of us
I don't know why they can't just admit here that they messed up but say that they did try to get the atmosphere back easing up on the restriction.