• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bangladesh Believes India Has A Weaker Bowling Attack

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Rafique and Razzak are decent spinners, but any spinner, no matter how decent, can be clobbered by a quality batting-line-up. Mortaza is far from a top-class bowler, if he bowls well he could restrict India but that's certainly not guranteed.
A spinner "can" be clobbered but IMO you are rarely going to see that at this WC.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Richard, you were wrong, admit it.

People would have a lot more respect for you, if you did:)

Last edited:

Swervy

International Captain
Nope, they haven't, they were annhailated in the Champions Trophy. They might have bowled well today, presumably on a nice bowling pitch, but that doesn't mean 450 was ever OOTQ.
India were never going to score 450 vs B'desh, it WAS out of the question.

The addition of Ganguly doesnt make the Indian batting line up the be all and end all in the slightest

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bangas win! This is exciting, now only one more needed to get the spot!
Technically that's not all that's needed.

If Bangladesh beats Bermuda and loses to Sri Lanka and India beats Sri Lanka and Bermuda (by a large margin), Sri Lanka and India can advance ahead of Bangladesh. It'll take 2 Bangladesh wins or an India loss with a Bangladesh win to ensure Bangladesh advances. Or 2 Sri Lanka losses, which is the least likely of the scenarios IMO.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
India were never going to score 450 vs B'desh, it WAS out of the question.
No, it wasn't. It was unlikely, but so was a seriously bad ****-up that ended-up happening.
The addition of Ganguly doesnt make the Indian batting line up the be all and end all in the slightest
WTF? That makes no sense.

Ganguly's presence massively increases the strength of India's batting-line-up. Simple as.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Richard, you were wrong, admit it.

People would have a lot more respect for you, if you did:)
Eh? India lost to Bangladesh, yes. I was expecting them not to, but I never said it was impossible. That WOULD have been daft.

I wasn't wrong to expect India to win, that was just common sense - name me a single realistically minded person on this site who expected something else?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You ridiculed the idea of it happening, even though Bangladesh have victories over most of the top nations, including India in the past. You suggested 450 plus, you were only 260 odd out I suppose.

You ridicule Scaly on here all the time. Yet you seem to share exactly the same trait with him. Never admitting you could be wrong.

He comes up with nonsense about "bunsens" and "poor play from opposition", if someone he doesn't rate does well, you come up with "flukes" and "luck".

To be fair to him though, he hasn't come up with an utterly ludicrous idea such as the "first-chance average", to justify his waffle.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I came-up with the first-chance scores idea LOOOOONG before I came-up with near enough anything else. Get your events in the right chronological order.

Bangladesh have victories over Sri Lanka (1) and Australia (1). And now India (2).

That doesn't change the fact that to back them in that game would have been ludicrous. However, freak results DO happen. This, and the Ireland-Pakistan one, was such a thing. So was Senegal-France.

It doesn't mean the reasoning for thinking they were unlikely was not sound.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I came-up with the first-chance scores idea LOOOOONG before I came-up with near enough anything else. Get your events in the right chronological order.

Bangladesh have victories over Sri Lanka (1) and Australia (1). And now India (2).

That doesn't change the fact that to back them in that game would have been ludicrous. However, freak results DO happen. This, and the Ireland-Pakistan one, was such a thing. So was Senegal-France.

It doesn't mean the reasoning for thinking they were unlikely was not sound.
They were outplayed today. It wasn't a freak play or two. Bangladesh were the better team, simple.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
They were outplayed today. It wasn't a freak play or two. Bangladesh were the better team, simple.
Exactly. You could argue the Ireland win was a freak result, in the sense that it probably wouldn't happen again if they played 9 more times, or on a different surface, or if Ireland had lost the toss. The Bangladesh/India one was totally different. Bangladesh were simply the better team in every area of the game, and by a distance too. It was a fantastic performance.

Evermind

International Debutant
India should do a secret trade with Bangladesh: Agarkar + Sehwag + unlimited monsoon-flood aid + military support in exchange for Mortaza.

Miraz

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
And they were very right in thinking.

Indian bowling looked out of course compared to Bangladeshi bowling.

In the group, India has the third best bowling attack. :dry: