• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bangladesh Believes India Has A Weaker Bowling Attack

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Bangladesh has three to four young bowlers waiting to get national call.

After Rafiq retires we have Enamul Haque Jr. who is more than a decent bowler. After him Mosharraf Hossain who continuously troubled England A in recent series.

Both share the same style of Rafiq.
I'm sure India have many batsmen who share the same style as Ganguly, Dravid and Tendulkar.

Doesn't mean they'll be as successful. Until they play a bit, all is mere speculation.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
That's huge overestimation of the timeframe.

When Rafique retires, presumably after this Cup, that'll make Mortaza and Razzak, possibly, their decent bowlers. Then Shahriar Nafees Ahmed and 1 or 2 others in the batting.

You could have the likes of Aftab,Ashraful (if he ever gets a rain),Mushfiqur,Tamim and Saqibal a very,very good players.Bangladesh have loads of young players aged between 17-22 who IMO will be really good players in the future.

Miraz

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I'm sure India have many batsmen who share the same style as Ganguly, Dravid and Tendulkar.

Doesn't mean they'll be as successful. Until they play a bit, all is mere speculation.
Feeling sorry for your poor understanding of cricket.

I am sure a number of other members already know Enamul and Mosharraf.

It's not only the style, they have the bite and effectiveness which none of Indian bowlers had yesterday.

Period.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This was the first time I've seen Tamim Iqbal and Mushfiqur Rahim play, was highly impressed with both.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You could have the likes of Aftab,Ashraful (if he ever gets a rain),Mushfiqur,Tamim and Saqibal a very,very good players.Bangladesh have loads of young players aged between 17-22 who IMO will be really good players in the future.
Dunno about Tamim and Saqibul, but Mushfiqur could certainly be good and Aftab Ahmed and Mohammad Ashraful almost certainly won't.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Feeling sorry for your poor understanding of cricket.

I am sure a number of other members already know Enamul and Mosharraf.

It's not only the style, they have the bite and effectiveness which none of Indian bowlers had yesterday.
Tell me - does the meaning of the term "knee-jerk reaction" mean anything to you?
What is this "period" nonsense?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
What are the reasons you view that India would win "19 out of 20 games".And it doesn't include that IYO India has a "far better team"
Erm, well what else is there? I see India's team as far, far superior and therefore I'd imagine they'd win a large proportion of the games.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
This was the first time I've seen Tamim Iqbal and Mushfiqur Rahim play, was highly impressed with both.
Iqbal struck me as a bit Aftab/Ashraful like, to be honest. He played some lovely shots, but he looked a little bit out of his depth in defence at times. He's only a kid of course, so it's way too early to pass judgement on him, but I wasn't tremendously excited by yesterday's innings.

Mushfiqur and Saqibul are a different story.

tigerPassion

School Boy/Girl Captain
Erm, well what else is there? I see India's team as far, far superior and therefore I'd imagine they'd win a large proportion of the games.
Bangladesh won two of their last 3 matches against India. That's a success rate of 66.67 %. i am not saying bangladesh would be winning that percentage of matches but Bangladesh would certainly be winning 20-30 % of their matches against the big teams.

Swervy

International Captain
Err, because India have by far the better side?
I think Richard you think that India are a betetr team than they actually are.

B'desh winning yesterday really wasnt that big a shock for me, it was always going to be a tough one for India, and I wasnt the only who thought that as well.

but you were probably the only person anywhere who though 450 was a score that India could quite easily get.

Just admit it Richard, you got it wrong, and badly:laugh:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
No wonder you don't like ODIs, you know nothing about them.

Gilly is most definitely inconsistent in ODIs, I'd like to see you argue how he isn't.
Seriously, do you have to phrase it like that if you actually want to have a discussion instead of an insult-fest?

But I will anyway: Between 2000/2001-2005/06, here are Gilchrist's series averages:

Thats 26 series. He averaged 30+ 19 times. That's pretty good in terms of being consistent and useful most of the time.

crickmate

U19 12th Man
This guy even haven't watched the match, and I am sure he haven't watched any of the Bangladesh's match within a year. He just want to blindly argue and we are giving him chances. He even doesn't know that he is virtually the only person in this forum (and probably only one in this earth) who still thinks Bangladesh isn't improving. Even a schoolboy has more logic in his argument than him.

Anyone seen Bangladesh's match lately knows how prefessional they are now in the field. Look at their faces, they now know they can win any time. I am not saying that they will win every matches against the top 8, or they won't be defeated badly in any particular match(which can happen to any team). But you can expect now them to win 1 or 2 out of 10 matches they play with the top 8, if not more. And you can expect the winning numbers will increase in coming years.

I think Richard you think that India are a betetr team than they actually are.

B'desh winning yesterday really wasnt that big a shock for me, it was always going to be a tough one for India, and I wasnt the only who thought that as well.

but you were probably the only person anywhere who though 450 was a score that India could quite easily get.

Just admit it Richard, you got it wrong, and badly:laugh:

Last edited: