• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Are warm Up games Official ODI's

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good question, I was wondering about this the other day. I don't think they are because IIRC one of the commentators mentioned that the 3rd Chappell-Hadlee game is the last ODI before the WC starts.

Perm

Always thought you were a mythical figure created by the person who started the thread about Birthdays, pasag maybe. Turns out you're real.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Doubt they will. They'll rotate players, maybe play 12-14 players, etc. They're being played to facilitate the teams, not to get crowds in.

biased indian

International Coach
Always thought you were a mythical figure created by the person who started the thread about Birthdays, pasag maybe. Turns out you're real.
was for some time in a far remote place.... u had to wait 10-20 minutes for a page to load..so didnt post for a long time.......

by the way place was in indonesia->kalimathan->sampit .A palm oil estate the nearest town of any sorts was 200 km away...and i was in the heart of esate which was 1,00,000 hecters in all...was different world in itself hmmmm

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
They can't be offical ODIs because I read somewhwere Afridi will miss first two WC games because of suspension (if they were offical he could have worked off his suspension by missing them)

stumpski

International Captain
Not only are they definitely not ODIs, I don't think they even count as List 'A' matches.

Still think they ought to be 11 a side though - but then I always feel the same way about tour matches. Incidentally Bangladesh are currently playing Bermuda in an ODI which is a warm-up in all but name.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
They're not. WC warm-ups have never been List-A-OD games. Even when they are 11-a-side.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
"Request your free 100MB @cricketmail.net email address!" you mean? It's a reward for reaching 25,000 posts, I guess.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Good question, I was wondering about this the other day. I don't think they are because IIRC one of the commentators mentioned that the 3rd Chappell-Hadlee game is the last ODI before the WC starts.
And I went on that for the predictions league, yet Cricinfo is calling the current games ODIs :(

Mister Wright

According to the Cricinfo live scorecard the current clash between Burmuda & Canada is ODI no. 2529. There's even a match referee.

I personally don't see how warm-up games could be considered official ODIs, unless there is a different rule for the minnows, but I fail to see how it could be a mistake...

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
It seems ridiculous that Bangladesh are scheduled to play Bermuda in the World Cup yet have already played them in the Caribbean. Bangladesh would have been better off playing a decent West Indies representative XI or something.