• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group C - New Zealand, England, Kenya, Canada

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I think England have the potential to get their act together quite quickly in ODI's, but whether this will be before or after the World Cup nobody knows.

It will be tough though for England against New Zealand in the West Indies as I feel NZ have a squad ideally suited to the conditions they will encounter over there.

James

Cricket Web Owner
If England manage to get their best 11 players on the park for the World Cup, I think they could beat us.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Why all the talk about England's ODI side?

Have you not seen our record recently?

We have 1 bowler who can bowl well, so have to make up 40 overs.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
But I think the fact that England have been so poor recently makes them even more dangerous. You just have to look at NZ who were god knows how poor a few years back before they went on to win something like 20 out of 23 ODI's.

UncleTheOne

U19 Captain
Problem is England only have a handful of good ODI players. Trescothick, Flintoff, KP and Collingwood. The rest are average or bloody awful. So I wouldn't be expecting a great turnaround.

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
pinchy81 said:
my predictions for this group 1st England 2nd Kenya 3rd New Zealand and 4th Canada
Now look, it's one thing having a quality side like Kenya ahead of NZ, but England? Surely not!

:p

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
On England's current form, you'd think NZ would comfortably take this group.

pietersenrocks

U19 Vice-Captain
I think England will be the best team in group C.New Zealand will be second.Kenya will be third and Canada will end as fourth place.

Victrinox

Cricket Spectator
I think NZ will win this group very easily and go on to win the world cup for the first time in their history!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wishful Thinking............8-)

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think New Zealand will be able to take this out quite comfortably, while England may have a scare against both Kenya and Canada but their big name players will bring them through. Also wouldn't be suprised if NZ hit a speed bump when we are playing the two lesser ranked teams however we won't struggle as much as England will against them.

Retox

State Vice-Captain
Raghav said:
NZ wins the WC 2007..Fleming will do that for Blackcaps

Wait and see

I always thought McCullum would do it for us in the final. But i'm happy if anyone wins us the game (if we get to the final)