• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Sri Lanka, India, Bangladesh, Bermuda

chalky

International Debutant
Murali causing Dravid a lot of trouble with the around the wicket line. Unlucky not to get an LBW last over.

chalky

International Debutant
A question for the Indian fans on the board. Do you think Dravid's captaincy is on line in this match?

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
50 partnership b/w veeru and Dravid taking India to 98..If they add up another 50 runs for India than India will definately win the game.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
A question for the Indian fans on the board. Do you think Dravid's captaincy is on line in this match?
I hope not, but you never know. Also, I doubt it because there is no one else. Who do you give it to? Sachin again? I don't think they would, plus he is not in form. Ganguly? Highly unlikely. The only other player is Kumble (not going to be around for ODI), and no other person who is well established and in enough form to warrant it.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Hmm, I might have to rely on Dhoni to see me through a pressure situation? Mumbai Test immediatly springs to mind.

Let's see. Hopefully Yuvi can stick around for a bit.

chalky

International Debutant
I hope not, but you never know. Also, I doubt it because there is no one else. Who do you give it to? Sachin again? I don't think they would, plus he is not in form. Ganguly? Highly unlikely. The only other player is Kumble (not going to be around for ODI), and no other person who is well established and in enough form to warrant it.
Didn't Kapil Dev want Dhoni? :ph34r:

I don't think Dravid is a bad captain per say (not great but not bad) but a really good captain could do wonders for Indian cricket because to me, other than a couple of years under Ganguly, they have always looked like a loose collection of warring individuals rather than a cohesive team.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Didn't Kapil Dev want Dhoni? :ph34r:

I don't think Dravid is a bad captain per say (not great but not bad) but a really good captain could do wonders for Indian cricket because to me, other than a couple of years under Ganguly, they have always looked like a loose collection of warring individuals rather than a cohesive team.
Again - the question is one of replacement. Who is in the team right now that could take over? I can't think of a single name.

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
Drvis MUST play a captain's innings now, Yuvraj need to come up with his best too.Alot depends on these two, if they come up with a good partnership then India can chase the total.

Dhoni might have to play a vital role in this innings.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
People were saying the same when Ganguly was removed.
Situation is different as there were senior players who could take over. Tendulkar could have taken over, so could Kumble. Now, neither of them are realistic options and none of the new ones are established yet.

Again - who would it be?