• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fixtures on tv

Umpire Money

State Vice-Captain
in australia we are getting the basic package of the big games and aussie games.

i dont think this is enough it would have been great if sbs did the same thing as what happened with the soccer world cup

all the games will be shown on cable but some of us arent lucky enough to have this

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Umpire Money said:
in australia we are getting the basic package of the big games and aussie games.

i dont think this is enough it would have been great if sbs did the same thing as what happened with the soccer world cup

all the games will be shown on cable but some of us arent lucky enough to have this
Be thankful you actually have some games on free-to-air TV.

My World Cup coverage consists of Ceefax, Cricinfo, Radio 4 LW and of course CricketWeb :)

Langeveldt

Soutie
Re: Re: Fixtures on tv

Neil Pickup said:
Be thankful you actually have some games on free-to-air TV.

My World Cup coverage consists of Ceefax, Cricinfo, Radio 4 LW and of course CricketWeb :)

And you live in the country that invented cricket

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's unfortunate, but cable/pay per view/satellite seems to be the way of the future regarding sports coverage.

I believe Sky are covering every game (good for me - the duck and I will be at home for the whole tournament) but a downer for anyone with just terrestrial coverage.

It looks as though I'll have a few visitors over the next few weeks.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm sorta glad I've got a lot to do in the next few weeks...otherwise I'd be really mad. It's disgusting that we don't even get highlights...great way to sell Cricket :!(

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm sorta glad I've got a lot to do in the next few weeks...otherwise I'd be really mad. It's disgusting that we don't even get highlights...great way to sell Cricket :!(

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Sky Sports in NZ are showing all NZ matches aswell as all major matches i.e England v India, Australia v Pakistan etc
and then all super six, semi's & final matches.

I think its sad theres no longer free to air coverage, but im pleased that digital is kind of affordable here so i get to see the matches.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i believe we are getting 14 pool matches here in AUS, which is pretty good, i dont think i could handle staying up till 7am every day for a month.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Well I am going to have to get up at 7:30 am every moring to go to TAFE shortly so I wont be watching many :(

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
I have cable and will be having many sleepless nights in front of the box.

I am also having the 4 games that Simon is umpiring taped for me and am considering taping the three games in which he is the Third Ump in!!

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
broncoman said:
i believe we are getting 14 pool matches here in AUS, which is pretty good, i dont think i could handle staying up till 7am every day for a month.
And you call yourself a cricket fan!! :P

Bomber Spirit

Cricket Spectator
I've got cable too, so I'll be spending my nights on the lounge for the next few weeks.;)

Ch 9 are showing the Australian games and some others as well - including tonight's game. The rest are on pay-TV. It's not ideal for those who don't have cable, but FTA telly has never shown every game of every world cup.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
In 99 when the World Cup was in England the BBC showed a lot of live matches, even Scotland at Edinburgh! Now we don't even get highlights! The problem over here is that Sky is 25 quid basic charge per month or so and 15 quid for the sports package! Currently that's how much I get for my allowence per week! So instead of bowing down to Murdoch's evil empire I'll just save up and go and visit mates around the country and have a good time instead! It's a shame people can't even watch their own team play in the World Cup though, I mean when the Football World Cup came around we had all the matches, with the BBC and ITV sharing the coverage. Now for the Cricket World Cup we don't even get highlights as Ch4 have the rights to broadcasting Cricket in England but didn't want to pay for the highlights...if only another channel would come along!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rik said:
In 99 when the World Cup was in England the BBC showed a lot of live matches, even Scotland at Edinburgh! Now we don't even get highlights! The problem over here is that Sky is 25 quid basic charge per month or so and 15 quid for the sports package! Currently that's how much I get for my allowence per week! So instead of bowing down to Murdoch's evil empire I'll just save up and go and visit mates around the country and have a good time instead! It's a shame people can't even watch their own team play in the World Cup though, I mean when the Football World Cup came around we had all the matches, with the BBC and ITV sharing the coverage. Now for the Cricket World Cup we don't even get highlights as Ch4 have the rights to broadcasting Cricket in England but didn't want to pay for the highlights...if only another channel would come along!
Erm, C4 do not own the rights to all Cricket in England - but not enough people would watch it to justify paying for it.

It's a shame, but a fact of life, Cricket just isn't popular enough!

Oh, and you're 19, and you still get an allowance? Ever heard of either a) getting a job, or b) going to University?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
Erm, C4 do not own the rights to all Cricket in England - but not enough people would watch it to justify paying for it.

It's a shame, but a fact of life, Cricket just isn't popular enough!

Oh, and you're 19, and you still get an allowance? Ever heard of either a) getting a job, or b) going to University?
Yes, I've got an interview on Thursday so enough of your snide remarks thank you.