• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question about the New Season

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Unless I am mistaken each squad is of 24 players for the 1sts and the 2nds.

Do the 1sts and the 2nds play at the same time?

If they do, there does not seem to be much for the 2nd XI managers to do in terms of selection.

1st XI chooses their 11, leaving 13 for 2nd XI selection. One of these will be the 3rd wicketkeeper, leaving 12 players to select a team from and if there is 1 or 2 injuries there is little to no options regarding 2nd XI team selection.

All the above may be wrong but Im just asking if this is the situation?

Last edited:

cricketboy29

International Regular
Well, Me and my assistant manager will probably be picking the first team jointly. With me having the final say of course:p. But yeah, I'm sure you could give input into first team selection and not divide the jobs that harshly.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
some of these things are still in discussion, when we have a definitive plan for the season ahead we ill answer all these questions...

Simon

we are re ranking sides, so blewy will be doing some testing of the FC sides and ill be doing some testing of the OD teams, once thats does we will release them...

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
goughy.

im pretty certain the 1sts and 2nds play together...but the 1st team is what most of your emphasis should go on.. and the 2nds is just to give an indication of which of your other players are on form to break into the 1sts side.. and give them experience.. instead of them just having to sit at home or be bummin around the club.. also gets more managers invovled.. and gets the competition more heated and organized.. and things kinda have more of a realistic feel aswell..

and as for your 3rd keeper.. he will be forced to play as an optional batsmen in the 2nds .. if he isint needed to take the gloves...

hope this answers ur query?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok let me Officially clear a few things up...

1/ 1st XIs will play over the weekends, whilst the 2nd XI's will play early during the week.. Deadlines for the 1st XI submission will be the usual Midnight Thursday, and the 2nd XI's will be Midnight Sunday.... So in effect The 1st XI will select their starting XI, and that will leave the 2nd XI 3 days to select their 11 from the remaining 14 players..

2/ The 2nd XI although not as officially important as the 1st XI, it does mean alot.. You will also be fighting for promotion and against relegation, We will be trying to make the 2nd XI mean as much as possible..

Hope this answers a few questions..

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Blewy said:
Ok let me Officially clear a few things up...

1/ 1st XIs will play over the weekends, whilst the 2nd XI's will play early during the week.. Deadlines for the 1st XI submission will be the usual Midnight Thursday, and the 2nd XI's will be Midnight Sunday.... So in effect The 1st XI will select their starting XI, and that will leave the 2nd XI 3 days to select their 11 from the remaining 14 players..
Does this mean each team gets an extra rookie? Currently the squads are made up of just 24, not 25 as originally planned

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Samuel_Vimes said:
Does this mean each team gets an extra rookie? Currently the squads are made up of just 24, not 25 as originally planned

My squad has 25 players?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
However unlikely this situation might be, but if a team were to have 4 injured players would they be albe to have a 1st XI player play for the 2nds or would we be able to draft a player.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
We would have to look at that... In the past we would have taken the person who was due back 1st and allow them to play.. However i may have another suggestion which i want to run past the board 1st...

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Mister Wright said:
However unlikely this situation might be, but if a team were to have 4 injured players would they be albe to have a 1st XI player play for the 2nds or would we be able to draft a player.
I say we implant the 2nd XI managers their CW XI stats and let them fill in for a game :laugh:

Simon

We have discussed a solution and we will go over it a bit more in the next few days and then let you guys know...