• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals and Finals

pasag

RTDAS
Two of the three best limited overs sides out of the tournament makes this very interesting. Although I predicted Pakistan to be upsets early tournament, I don't really rate them to take the whole thing. They've been doing well but I feel people are overrating them.

I don't see India coming close to Australia nor do I think Australia will bat as poorly against Pakistan if they play them again in a final. Don't rate NZ too highly either but they're an on and off side and if they have an on day against Australia if they get to the final, who knows? NZ's recent record against Australia when Ponting doesn't captain isn't to bad either :p Plus they do seem to lift against us.

Australia also have their fair share of issues, mainly the fifth bowler and inability to pace an innings if they bat first, so the toss will be important in that regard. Captaincy might be an issue as well, we'll see. Lots of predictions, lots of Greigys, which people are free to bring up after I'm proved horribly wrong, of course.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Better from Vincent, about time he picked up the pace. Huge six, even if it was the short boundary.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Some good work coming from the openers here, catching up for their slow start. A handsome six by Vincent.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Two of the three best limited overs sides out of the tournament makes this very interesting. Although I predicted Pakistan to be upsets early tournament, I don't really rate them to take the whole thing. They've been doing well but I feel people are overrating them.

I don't see India coming close to Australia nor do I think Australia will bat as poorly against Pakistan if they play them again in a final. Don't rate NZ too highly either but they're an on and off side and if they have an on day against Australia if they get to the final, who knows? NZ's recent record against Australia when Ponting doesn't captain isn't to bad either :p Plus they do seem to lift against us.

Australia also have their fair share of issues, mainly the fifth bowler and inability to pace an innings if they bat first, so the toss will be important in that regard. Captaincy might be an issue as well, we'll see. Lots of predictions, lots of Greigys, which people are free to bring up after I'm proved horribly wrong, of course.
There is nothing I enjoy watching more than an Australia-NZ match, we really do seem to play better against em. Yet Australia rarely ever let up, makes for some great cricket, Pakistan-India or Aus-NZ. Thats what the final should be.

Scaly piscine

NZ aren't an on and off side, they're one of the most consistent sides in cricket. The trouble for them is they're consistently decent but decent isn't good enough to beat the better sides.

Bloody rain...

pup11

International Coach
I would really be thinking of sending Oram in next, i don't rate Fulton much as a T20 TBH.

pasag

RTDAS
There is nothing I enjoy watching more than an Australia-NZ match, we really do seem to play better against em. Yet Australia rarely ever let up, makes for some great cricket, Pakistan-India or Aus-NZ. Thats what the final should be.
Yeah for sure, it's been a good tournament so final's like that would be fitting.

Perm

I would really be thinking of sending Oram in next, i don't rate Fulton much as a T20 TBH.
He's the best limited overs batsman we have at the moment.

Bloody rain, I'm not happy. It's friggin pissing down out there.