• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

GROUP A -South Africa, West Indies, Bangladesh

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Chris Gayle coming on to bowl, should be difficult to get away with the pace of pace.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Very well done by Ashraful and Aftab. Poor bowling by the Windies in the match and the duo have taken advantage of it. I've only watched bits and pieces of every match but I must say that the Scotland V Pakistan match had the tightest bowling yet.

TheEpic

School Boy/Girl Captain
I hear the commentators describing Bangladesh beating West Indies as a shock. It doesn't seem like a shock to me, they're a much better organised and disciplined team in the shorter format I think. West Indies could be strong, but they lack the discipline and neccessary calmness to be a success in 20/20 cricket. I'm not shocked in the slightest.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I hear the commentators describing Bangladesh beating West Indies as a shock. It doesn't seem like a shock to me, they're a much better organised and disciplined team in the shorter format I think. West Indies could be strong, but they lack the discipline and neccessary calmness to be a success in 20/20 cricket. I'm not shocked in the slightest.
I was about to post the same thing. They're making it seem like its as big an upset as the Zim-Aus one when its really not. This is the team that beat India and South Africa just a few months ago in the real WC and gave Australia a run for their money in a Test match just last year. West Indies on the other hand have hit rock bottom especially with their bowling and fielding. To be frank I would've been disappointed if they didn't beat West Indies.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
WI have just fallen apart basically, I can't believe they picked Devon Smith to open and left out Sammy - their only consistently good bowler.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
How was Sarwan's captaincy today?

I still think he is very inept at captaincy. Would be much better to put Gayle there.

Wasn't Sarwan whining about being dropped in Pakistan by Lara? Guys like Samuels and Sarwan seem to think that they should never be dropped, no matter what they do. And often, they look like they don't give a damn to what happens.

Think Gayle should become captain, ASAP, really.

Days of Grace

International Captain
How could you not love Bangladesh t.b.h.

Rubbish Windies will be wondering h.t.f. they could be out of the tournament after scoring 200 in their first game batting first.