• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

GROUP A -South Africa, West Indies, Bangladesh

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Personally I think 20/20 suits BDs batsmen - their problem is not lack of talent but a lack of ability to bat for long periods which won't hinder them in this format. No doubt Mr bery in the Telegraph will moan about mismatches as he did in the WC when india and Pakistan went out but WI deserve what they got - if you don't perform you go home and on the evidence so far BD might be a more of a threat than WI anyway. WI out, Australia or England might join them...a good tournament for the ICC's seeding system thern...:laugh:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
yeah but recently, in a piece Tony Cozier has written in cricinfo, he quoted Sarwan as whining about that decision. Apparently Lara only told him in the morning of that decision, which may or may not be true, because we are yet to hear Lara' s version, but I just think a few guys in this Windies side are more than a little full of themselves....

Once Rameez Raja talked about why if someone of the stature of Lara can approach someone like Sobers and ask about his weaknesses and learn, why couldn't the other players, much lesser than Lara, do the same? Tony Cozier replied about the lack of care for the game and lack of respect for the game and its greats.... Seriously, as good as Samuels is in the OD games, his attitude makes one cringe while watching the matches...

pup11

International Coach
Hahaha... i don't feel sad at all for West Indies, they played some pathetic cricket and deserve to get knocked out, but i feel bad for Gayle he played the best knock in the history of T20 internationals but he has been let down terribly by his team.

fishyguy

U19 12th Man
Well I'm not as pissed at WI cuz its 20/20 and the opposition did get to chase twice. However they obviously played poorly and Sarwan needs to replaced by Gayle. They played so well in england and were sooo inspired. Now they look so apathetic.

All being said in this format every team seems to have a chance and even BD lost to Kenya quite comprehensively in one of the warm up games. Furthermore, except Nazimuddin none of their batsmen got any runs. Its just that this was their day and everything went their way.

They are still definitely minnows. Come back winning at least 30% of your ODIs agianst the big teams and then we'll think about taking that title away.

In Tests they're still a joke.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Mortaza two overs. :( Not so good. Razzak opening an awesome move IMO. Love this Bangladesh side.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Awesome, absolutely awesome knock from Mohammad Ashraful. Every now and then he brings out gems like these and you think he could be a world-class batsman, his combination with Aftab was brilliant last night. Unfortunately CW died about halfway through. Excellent win set up with tight bowling from Rasel, I think the move to open with Razzak is a good one TBH. Dwayne Smith's innings could've taken the game away from the West Indies but Ash played a real captains knock. Legend.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Haven't seen any of the matches but from what I've picked up it's harsh to be talking of replacing Sarwan. IMO the WI weren't to be expected to do well. I said it when the squad was named and I'm proven right. Devon Smith should never have played and what was Dwayne Smith doing so low in the order?

pasag

RTDAS
Do people think the Bangladesh win was that much of an upset? Quite frankly I'd be slightly more nervous facing Bangladesh than the WI in this tournament. Ashraful's knock was sublime though, some of those shots, especially chasing were froth-worthy.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Bangladesh to score 261.

Wonder if they can seriously pul off another win here.

Well that probably answered that.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Surely the Banglas are just going for a big phat farkin' tonk 'ere...

after all, the game holds not that much significance. But if would be great to see the Banglas win again, for the look on Smith's face.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Slats was on the money when he said that maybe they are just trying do go the tonk and see what happens.

b.t.w., doesn't Gooch sound stuck up and patronising in his commentary?

Days of Grace

International Captain
****, Mortaza having a big phat farkin swing 'ere. Never seen anything like it!!!

my oh my, he connects on the 5th attempt! l.m.f.a.o ere!

fishyguy

U19 12th Man
This is the funniest game I've ever seen. Especially Mortaza. I'm laughing my ass off and the commentators are getting some gold too.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Razzak batting at 8 ahead of Farhad and Rahim, despite there still being 10 overs to play. That in itself confims that Bangladesh just want to bash it and see what happens, IMO.

EDIT: Nevermind, that dire "Next batsman" thing was wrong again.

Last edited: