• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

GROUP A -South Africa, West Indies, Bangladesh

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Could go either way for me, Powell was formidable against us, if he resembles that kind of form against anyone else he should be a problem. Turning into a real spearhead for the WI, with the decent Rampaul and Edwards the bowling is hardly the worst, depending on the kind of day the SA top order has this match could go down to the wire.
Darren Sammy is worthy of a mention too.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Yeah, he's awesome. Edwards might not have the new-cherry tbh. What time is the match due to start pom-time?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, he's awesome. Edwards might not have the new-cherry tbh. What time is the match due to start pom-time?
I think the program kicks off at 4.30, so the start should be at 5.

Should be a good game tonight, West Indies look a strong 20/20 outfit and South Africa’s off the field dramas, compounded today by the resignation of Ashwell Prince from SACA (and the aftermath of the leaked memo), will either unite the side or have a real detrimental effect on their performance. Mickey Arthur has said that the former is the case but still conceded that the problems in South African cricket are vast and rather serious.

An upset isn’t as signposted as Argentina and France was last Friday but I really wouldn‘t write the West Indies off like my bookmarkers have. Toss should be crucial as well tonight, as the captains throughout the tournament will most likely favour bowling first.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Darren Sammy is worthy of a mention too.
If Edwards plays alongside Rampaul and Powell, I’m not sure how the West Indies would be able to accommodate Sammy. They were not able to do it in the summer when their toured England and only could do it in Ireland by resting Dwayne Bravo. Dropping Dwayne Smith would be the only logical option, which probably won’t happen, for Smith’s fielding and hitting ability makes him a 'good' selection.

pup11

International Coach
Sorry grecian, i was about to write that South Africa have won the toss and elected to field but i just made a mistake there.
Anyways Gayle is taking Makhaya to the cleaners.

Scaly piscine

If Edwards plays alongside Rampaul and Powell, I’m not sure how the West Indies would be able to accommodate Sammy. They were not able to do it in the summer when their toured England and only could do it in Ireland by resting Dwayne Bravo. Dropping Dwayne Smith would be the only logical option, which probably won’t happen, for Smith’s fielding and hitting ability makes him a 'good' selection.
Yea they should have dropped Dwayne Smith in my opinion, but anyway just as well for SA that Devon Smith is scratching around.

grecian

Sorry grecian, i was about to write that South Africa have won the toss and elected to field but i just made a mistake there.
Anyways Gayle is taking Makhaya to the cleaners.
'Sokay, mistakes happen:)

Great start to this tournament so far, Chris Gayle may have found his ideal game.

sideshowtim

Banned
With the South Africans history of chasing on this pitch I wouldn't feel safe unless I got 260+!

Sorry, but the scars will never go away. :(

pup11

International Coach
Gayle looks all set to become the first batsman to get a century in T20 international cricket, he is really playing a destructive knock here.