• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh vs Kenya

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
now that the "rebels" seem to be gone, who do you reckon would win... tests and ODIs. i know kenya dont play tests, but given the opportunity...
do taibu, hondo and the likes take the cake or what??

a massive zebra

International Captain
Kenya would win both the Tests and ODIs in my opinion.

With all the rebels leaving I would back Bangladsh to overcome the depleated Zimbabwe side in both forms of the game, and Kenya managed to reach the World Cup Semi Finals while they are beating the Bangladeshis 6-1 in head-to-head ODIs. There can be little doubt that Kenya are now the best of these 3 ODI sides.

You may accuse me of confusing Kenya's OD abilities with their Test capabilities, but that is really all you can go on. I think they would win the Tests as well.

Last edited:

chicane

State Captain
Steve Tikolo and Ravindu Shah can develop into good test batsmen. They need better bowlers though, apart from Collins Obuya.

a massive zebra

International Captain
chicane said:
Steve Tikolo and Ravindu Shah can develop into good test batsmen. They need better bowlers though, apart from Collins Obuya.
Martin Suji and Thomas Odoyo are better than the Zimbabwe bowlers, don't you think?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
haha so far we seem to all agree that kenya would win... so WHY are they the ones not playing tests (and not playing many ODIs...). i guess i know the answer but its pretty dumb the way it worked out.

proud kenyan supporter

Sudeep

International Captain
marc71178 said:
I for one think that Kenya are being over-rated by people...
Not sure.

But in comparison with Bangladesh and the current Zimbabwean side, I would rate them higher.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Sudeep Popat said:
But you can't ignore the work Sandip Patil has put into the Kenyan side.
Patil has now left.

Bangladesh's history against Kenya is now exactly that - history. The side is almost unrecognisable now.

Langeveldt

Soutie
1. Bangladesh
2. Zimbabwe
3. Kenya

The fact that the top two play in the most elite competition in the world is a bit of a sad reflection of the ICC isnt it...

Sudeep

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Patil has now left.

Bangladesh's history against Kenya is now exactly that - history. The side is almost unrecognisable now.
Yeah, but he must have left his fingerprints all over the Kenyans.

Sudeep

International Captain
Let's see how Bangladesh performs on the West Indies tour. Then we'll decide who's where.

Craig

World Traveller
chicane said:
Collins Obuya has potential, but hardly set the world a light when he was a Warwickshire player in 2003.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Revelation said:
1.Zimbabwe (at full strength)
2.Kenya
3.Bangladesh
It's with out the rebels not with them

For me in Tests

1.Banagladesh
2.Kenya
3.Zimbabwe

In ODI's

1.Kenya
2.Bangaladesh
3.Zimbabawe

chicane

State Captain
a massive zebra said:
Martin Suji and Thomas Odoyo are better than the Zimbabwe bowlers, don't you think?
Zimbabwe right now only have Douglas Hondo though I'd rate him and Panyangara better than those two.

chicane

State Captain
Craig said:
Collins Obuya has potential, but hardly set the world a light when he was a Warwickshire player in 2003.
His performances at the World Cup matter far more than any of his performances at Warwickshire. He has real potential.