• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your first match?

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
First match i went to was the boxing day test of the last ashes series down here. We only went 3rd day, England was batting and the main highlights i can remember are a couple of 6's craig white hit on his way to 80-odd....they still followed on though. Vaughn was 50-odd not out at stumps and went on to make 170 IIRC.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
First FC match - Somerset vs Australians, 2001, Taunton

First List A match - Somerset vs Lancashire, 2002, Taunton

First Test match - England vs South Africa, 5th Test, day 1, 2003, The Oval

Other Test matches - England vs West Indies, 2nd Test, days 4&5, 2004, Lord's
England vs Australia, 5th Test, day 5, 2005, The Oval :happy:

And plenty of other List A and Twenty20 matches at Taunton. I don't have time for live FC cricket really, if I'm going to make the hour-long drive to the County Ground I need to see a result at the end of it! :ph34r:

open365

International Vice-Captain
My first test match should have been the Windies v England at Old Trafford, it was rained of however, i spent my first day in an international venue eating ice-cream under an umbrella.

I got to see the second day of last years test though, and i'm going to see the ODI and a day of the test this year.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Probably Barbados v Somerset as a baby in 1987.. First one I remember was one of the AXA Sunday league games in the mid nineties..

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Mine's New Zealand vs England, at the Basin Reserve in 90/91. I would have been 13.

My nana took me along, I can't remember ever being more excited! The thing that struck me most when I got there was how loud the noise of ball hitting bat was, although I've since realised that for some reason it's amplified at the Basin.

Anyway, we got very little, although Andrew Jones put together 64 and that started my obsession with that player. England were rollicking along, looking like they were going to hand us a pasting. My nana decided it was all over and dragged me out so we could catch an early train, and just as we were leaving, Chris Cairns bowled Allan Lamb. It was Cairns' ODI debut.

When we got home we heard NZ had won. I was so disappointed that we'd left early :(

Last edited: