• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your favourite XI vs Hated XI

nzidol

School Boy/Girl Captain
Richard said:
What've they done wrong? :(
Taibu for not supporting Heath Streak and the other so-called 'rebels'. Heath Streak said he was disappointed in him.

McKenzie is representing the whole DRY, DRY South African cricket team. What a bunch of humourless prats. You know how Rigor (Mark Richardson) races against the slowest member of the opposing team at the end of each test series (beat Danish Kaneria and Darren Lehmann, but lost to Ashley Giles). Well South Africa are such a competitive sour bunch of swines who were p...sed off that NZ drew the test series with them, that instead of putting their slowest member in they put one of their fastes, mckenzie, who used to be a sprint champion, and he walloped rigor. How DRY.

Gillespie, for being the dumbest person to ever play cricket and giving pacers a bad name.. C'mon have you ever seen him get interviewed. The guys an imbecile. He just grates me with his loutishness.

masterblaster

International Captain
I'd say Sehwag matches Gillespie in terms of 'imbecility' if that's a word, and this too coming from a Sehwag fan!

I'm a huge fan of his, but have you ever seen Sehwag been interviewed?

Good Lord, its embarassing.

masterblaster

International Captain
NZIdol, since you're a huge Agarkar fan, I'm quite surprised you haven't joined the Ajit Agarkar Appreciation Society....... :huh: :wacko: :-O

Come on mate, your not a true Agarkar fan unless you join the AAAS.

nzidol

School Boy/Girl Captain
masterblaster said:
NZIdol, since you're a huge Agarkar fan, I'm quite surprised you haven't joined the Ajit Agarkar Appreciation Society....... :huh: :wacko: :-O

Come on mate, your not a true Agarkar fan unless you join the AAAS.
Well I don't know how to join. So tell me.. please, I yearn to be more appreciative of the great man.

nzidol

School Boy/Girl Captain
By the way, I get so much stick from my teammates for my unwavering support of Agarks. He's been doing quite well with the bat in the domestics lately.

What a guy!

masterblaster

International Captain
nzidol said:
Well I don't know how to join. So tell me.. please, I yearn to be more appreciative of the great man.
Just add:

'Member of AAAS'

on your CW signature. Just go to UserCp and edit that in, and then you'll be on board!

We've got around 25 odd members now, so its growing all the time.

nzidol

School Boy/Girl Captain
masterblaster said:
Just add:

'Member of AAAS'

on your CW signature. Just go to UserCp and edit that in, and then you'll be on board!

We've got around 25 odd members now, so its growing all the time.
Awwwesssommmmmmeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
another update on most liked and most disliked XIs so far

LIKED XI
Slater (8)
Vaughan (8)
Dravid (9)
Lara (16)
Tendulkar (17)
Flintoff (14)
Gilchrist+ (16)
Warne (15)
Wasim Akram (10)
Harmison (11)
Muralitharan (12)

DISLIKED XI
G. Smith (11)
Hayden (14)
Ponting (16)
Ranatunga (10)
Ganguly (12)
Hussain (9)
Boucher+ (5)
Warne (11)
B. Lee (11)
Muralitharan (11)
McGrath (14)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Anyone else like to see those 2 sides play against each other?

I reckon it'd be a pretty good game!

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:

I agree. I supopose Tendulkar and Ponting would lead the sides as the most liked and disliked players respectively :)

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
marc71178 said:

Only if there were two Warne's and two Murali's. They are in both teams. :p

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Jnr. said:
Only if there were two Warne's and two Murali's. They are in both teams. :p
Aha. One Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde and the other a Mr Jekyll and Dr Hyde :p

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
for arguments sake, and further deliberation over which team would win, i've recreated the teams without any doubling up of players.

LIKED XI
Vaughan (8)
Slater (8)
Dravid (9)
Lara (16)
Tendulkar* (17)
Flintoff (14)
Gilchrist+ (16)
Warne (15)
Akram (10)
Harmison (11)
Ambrose (9)

DISLIKED XI
Smith, G. (11)
Hayden (14)
Ponting* (16)
Ranatunga (10)
Ganguly (12)
Hussain (9)
Boucher+ (5)
Lee, B. (11)
Harbhajan Singh (9)
Muralitharan (11)
McGrath (14)

Warne was more popular than murali, therefore kept his place in the LIKED XI and was dropped from the DISLIKED XI, and vice versa for Muralitharan. Ambrose and Harbajhan were next in line for each team respectively.

IMHO, the LIKED XI would be the likely victors, due to the appearance of a genuine all-rounder in Flintoff, and a stronger batting line up (especially numbers 3, 4 and 5, and they also bat lower), while I question the bowling depth of the DISLIKED XI as they have only three bowlers who can bowl consistently enough to worry the batsmen of their opponents (Lee a problem).

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
don't get me started...

overexuberant celebrations e.g. the last time new zealand were here, in the test at the WACA, brett lee dismisses shane bond to bowl out new zealand for around 502, and to celebrate taking the wicket of the number 11, does one of those big jumps in the air and starts to do the chainsaw thing.

overconfident, and overestimates his value to the australian team

plays guitar in a really ordinary band, with a really ordinary name which i cant remember (hit for six??)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
vic_orthdox said:
don't get me started...

overexuberant celebrations e.g. the last time new zealand were here, in the test at the WACA, brett lee dismisses shane bond to bowl out new zealand for around 502, and to celebrate taking the wicket of the number 11, does one of those big jumps in the air and starts to do the chainsaw thing.

overconfident, and overestimates his value to the australian team

plays guitar in a really ordinary band, with a really ordinary name which i cant remember (hit for six??)
Okay okay. But maybe getting the number 11 is a big achievement for him ...maybe .

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
May as well throw mine in. ;)

Liked XI
1. Matthew Hayden
2. Sachin Tendulkar (so what if I don't have another proper opener? :P)
3. Shane Watson
4. Brian Lara
5. Steve Waugh (c)
6. Andrew Symonds
7. Adam Gilchrist (k)
8. Wasim Akram
9. Shane Warne
10. Brett Lee
11. Michael Holding

Disliked XI
1. Justin Langer
2. Sanath Jayasuria