• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Favourite Bradman Knocks?

shrikanthk

Cricket Spectator
AND, He did not play in the first Test in Brisbane:)
Actually, the first test was held at Sydney! Arguably the best batting wicket in the series.
That was the famous test where McCabe hit 187. And Larwood took a 10 wicket haul. His only 10 wicket haul in the series.

shrikanthk

Cricket Spectator
I would have to say his 180 odd at The Gabba against the "old enemy"..ie England in 1946. It is the one innings of his that sticks in my mind mainly for a number of reasons.It was the first Test series played on aussie soil after the war, at 10 even I knew the story of The Don,and like the rest of Australia it was "Us versus The Poms".Having said that I still recall vividly the first 50 or so of that innings being grafted and the rest exploding like dynamite.I have said previously that while bradman had the full array of shots he could play I always remember him taking a rising ball on the off stump and turning into a hook shot for a boundary. His reflexes were that good.
Great to have someone who saw DGB bat!!
Yeah. Even I've heard a lot about this innings.
Apparently, he struggled a lot during the first 30 runs or so. He was "caught" by Jack Ikin at slip when he was on 28. But refused to walk. There's still talk among historians whether he hit the ball or the ground. Following that reprieve, he discovered his old touch and accelerated as you rightly remember.

It is a very significant innings, because it was his first major innings after the War. He was unwell and not very sure of prolonging his career. But for that innings and THAT reprieve while on 28, who knows....the Bradman saga might've ended in 46!

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Slightly flippant response to the OP but it's intended as praise:

My favourite Bradman innings are the two he didn't play at the Oval in 1938 which enabled England to win by an innings and 579 and Len Hutton to break his record for the highest individual score - If Bradman hadn't injured himself bowling then on that wicket I suspect that timeless Test would still have been unfinished by the time Hitler invaded Poland
love the story of hammond only declaring because he knew bradman was done for the match

Burgey

My favourite knock of Bradman was that of Karan316 who suggested because he hadn't seen any of Bradman's innings on video, they must have been concocted.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You're obsessed with Karan316 imo :ph34r:

Karan should also post in the conspiracy theory thread in off topic

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha that's good.

I thought he meant me and was referring to the steak sandwich he bought me two weeks ago.

Cheers for the steak Burgey, will not be buying you one in return. I'll get you a cheap ****ty cold pie at the cricket this summer though.

Burgey

Haha that's good.

I thought he meant me and was referring to the steak sandwich he bought me two weeks ago.

Cheers for the steak Burgey, will not be buying you one in return. I'll get you a cheap ****ty cold pie at the cricket this summer though.
How surprisement.

Be sure to let CW know I actually applauded an Indian player performing well, won't you?

Not Kohli though. WAC.