• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

You know what really grinds my cricketing gears?

Jigga988

State 12th Man
Coverage of Kenyan cricket in Kenya :ranting:
There are ways to watchKenyan cricket not that I would, just know a sight i use for football that isn't on sky spoorts that also shows cricket. Search my p2p on google and follow links, you should pick the Windows media player to get the feed, always the best.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
There are ways to watchKenyan cricket not that I would, just know a sight i use for football that isn't on sky spoorts that also shows cricket. Search my p2p on google and follow links, you should pick the Windows media player to get the feed, always the best.
its not theshortage but the absolute direness of it...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Never batted before then? :p
Was meaning when I was watching rather than playing TBH but even if I, or my team, are batting I never much enjoy bad fielding, no. Certainly don't enjoy being dropped or having someone misfield something if I hit it straight to them.

Doesn't often happen mind as I normally don't hit enough straight deliveries for it to be given the chance to. And obviously, when I'm in the field bad fielding gets my goat par extreme. Am used to it though, given the fact that our team invariably contains a 70+-year-old, sometimes another 60+-year-old or two, and almost invariably another 2 or 3 50+-year-olds.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I presume that's an ironic comment... but wasn't making a mockery TBH, just pointing-out a possible mistake.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Its not even that,its the shambolic standard of the coverage in the press. I mean being home of two of the largest dailies in the region the quality of the cricket journalism is pathetic. Kenyan cricket fans have a choice between a guy who writes as though Cricket Kenya sold his entire family into slavery and a guy who patently cannt differentiate between leg before and leg bye. What's even worse is the former newspaper has sister papers where the coverage of cricket in Uganda and even Rwanda is of a fairly high standard.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Was meaning when I was watching rather than playing TBH but even if I, or my team, are batting I never much enjoy bad fielding, no. Certainly don't enjoy being dropped or having someone misfield something if I hit it straight to them.

Doesn't often happen mind as I normally don't hit enough straight deliveries for it to be given the chance to. And obviously, when I'm in the field bad fielding gets my goat par extreme. Am used to it though, given the fact that our team invariably contains a 70+-year-old, sometimes another 60+-year-old or two, and almost invariably another 2 or 3 50+-year-olds.
Rich, I could imagine you walking if someone dropped a catch from your batting :D

Jigga988

State 12th Man
Its not even that,its the shambolic standard of the coverage in the press. I mean being home of two of the largest dailies in the region the quality of the cricket journalism is pathetic. Kenyan cricket fans have a choice between a guy who writes as though Cricket Kenya sold his entire family into slavery and a guy who patently cannt differentiate between leg before and leg bye. What's even worse is the former newspaper has sister papers where the coverage of cricket in Uganda and even Rwanda is of a fairly high standard.
Quite staggering really, don't see what other sport in Kenya would get press bar long distance running.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Rich, I could imagine you walking if someone dropped a catch from your batting :D
Unfortunately the Laws Of Cricket wouldn't permit such a thing. Nonetheless, I can only recall being put down about 4 or 5 times in my career, none of which cost a great deal.

Jigga988

State 12th Man
Football with all the controversy ,Rugby (esp sevens), boxing, motorsports and yes there is a golf scene...
Quite shocking if all these sports get more coverage than cricket, can understand football and rugby to a small extent but motorsports and golf???? Hamilton was the first black driver to win a F1 race so I cant imagine motorsport being that big a game and golf, there is quite a lot of golfers originating from South Africa - Singh and Trinidad - Steven Aimes(though he changed his nationality to Canadian) but never seen or heard of any Kenyans.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Quite shocking if all these sports get more coverage than cricket, can understand football and rugby to a small extent but motorsports and golf???? Hamilton was the first black driver to win a F1 race so I cant imagine motorsport being that big a game and golf, there is quite a lot of golfers originating from South Africa - Singh and Trinidad - Steven Aimes(though he changed his nationality to Canadian) but never seen or heard of any Kenyans.
Kenya was on the WRC circuit till 2002, so that covers that, Kenya's main golf Tourney has been a bin won by quite a few greats, like Seve Ballesteros and Vijay Singh early in their careers

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Nopes. He can't bother regarding what each of the millions of cricket fans spell his name as. My example you gave is different. Also, it is not the same in another way as Ranjith and Ranjit is different compared to Partush Kytn and my proper name. I would correct some one who called him Renju for instance.
Pratyush Khaitan on the war path.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
There's been a real Dauth of quality posts recently, so much so that it took the resurrection of that old gem. Well done that man, flying the Khait for CW.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I wasn't actually serious about there being a dearth of quality posts recently FTR, was merely using it in order to make the pun on Dauth's name.