• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

"You can quote me on this........"

Maison

Cricket Spectator - 1st Warning
abuse?

if you actually read the post... it actually says relevant comments, nothing personal.

assail

Maison

Tom Halsey said:
'you fkn loser ffs'

Oh yes, nothing personal. 8-)
lol

well he loses because his 'predictions/opinions' ALWAYS seem to

a) **** people off
b) end up being wrongfully 'tarded.

like cmon, he 'loses' because, Warne proved today he's still on the ball................ and then he said "MacGill is crap" (along the lines of that ;) ), then look at Stuart today? like c'mon...... how justifiable is that, all you have to do is look at Mac's stats...

bugger me.

Maison

I abused his opinion, not him ;)

besides i edited some of my original post.

maybe i should put something else in the whole post like...

"Oh yeah Richard, I'd have to disagree with you for the 10000th time in 2 weeks. Shane warne is so good, badluck old chap. Thank you come again"

8-)

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Maison said:
I abused his opinion, not him ;)

besides i edited some of my original post.

maybe i should put something else in the whole post like...

"Oh yeah Richard, I'd have to disagree with you for the 10000th time in 2 weeks. Shane warne is so good, badluck old chap. Thank you come again"

8-)
'you fkn loser' is not abusing his opinion. It's abusing him. It's out of order. Simple as IMO.

Maison

stop posting, otherwise I'll never edit my post.....

"You can quote me on this......"

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Maison said:
stop posting, otherwise I'll never edit my post.....

"You can quote me on this......"
What's the point in editting it if it's already been quoted and reported?

Maison

marc71178 said:
What's the point in editting it if it's already been quoted and reported?
because thats the point of edit :sleep:

and im willing to edit what annoyed people, not continue with this banter.

im willing to respect those who are easily offended.

enough said.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Simon Jones will be the best pace bowler in the world in less than 2 years......only injury can stop him.
A great example of how one can be so very, very wrong and very, very right at the same time...

Anyway, I thought it'd be interesting to look back through these. Some of them are great. Apologies for the dig but I felt it had a point.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasive dig. Time to see if I made any predictions.

EDIT: Nope, this is my first post in the thread. :(

Swervy

International Captain
Some classic Richard South Africa loving going on in here, as well as a bit of a Lee bash

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm not a massive fan of digs,understatement there but I enjoy these ones. After all whats the point of prediction threads, if you don't reference them later:)

I made no predictions either, probably a good thing, tbh.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
1. Cameron White will have a long successful international career
2. Justin Langer will play longer than Martyn, Hayden, Gilchrist, Warne, McGrath, Kasprowicz
3. Aftab Ahmed and Alok Kapali will be considered Bangladesh's two greatest batsmen ever when they retire
Interesting. :)

Dale Steyn will get 400 Test Wickets
Michael Clarke will score over 8000 Test Runs

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Some classic Richard South Africa loving going on in here, as well as a bit of a Lee bash
And having re-read pretty much the lot, there's not a great deal I've changed my mind on either. Some absolutely brilliant stuff, both Greigy and Marsh-Lillee related.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
because of course matthew hayden got out lbw at least 5 times in the recent ashes series? 8-)
and maybe just maybe the edges to slip were a direct result of a whole bunch of inswingers followed by an outswinger
No, he edged to slip just 3 times in the series, 2 of which were before he'd even fallen lbw so much as once.
he bowled accurately in conditions that helped him in 1 inning. give him a medal.
he then took 1 wicket in his next 2 innings. not surprisingly he got dropped after that.
Indeed, Langeveldt has turned-out not to be a terribly good bowler.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
no a team like australia is always going to score faster, especially when you consider that the wickets were flatter during this summer and the australian players are significantly better. and it was 3.41 in the ashes not 3.69.
and as i've said a billion times, accuracy doesnt always have a direct relation to ERs.
3.69-an-over was his ER in the last 4 Tests, not the entire series. And he did spray it unacceptably, most of the time, even despite the fact a team like Australia is likely to play more strokes than New Zealand or West Indies.
what rubbish, he batted in the exact same manner throughout the series, the fact that he survived for longer made it looked like he batted better.
If that's how you see it, that's how you see it. I see it differently.
so now its 'most' then, especially considering that with gayle that is what you expect anyways?
Gayle's paucity is completely unrelated to Harmison's skills.
fact is that he took wickets of good deliveries too.
Not many of them.
so you admit that england bowled well at him in the 3rd test then?
Yes.
no its not fairly obvious. he got a very good ball from Jones in the first test. and there were other good balls that followed. his failure was because of good bowling, rather than poor batting and its not surprising that laras record wasnt very good in either of the 2 series against england last year.
Lara batted poorly in the First and Second Tests in the home series, AFAIC, and I'll not be revising that stance any time soon.