• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Yorkshire deny Itinerant Problem

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Gillespie story

It has been announced today that Jason Gillespie will be joining Yorkshire County Cricket Club during 2006.

I really hope that for Gillespie's sake he puts his career back on track again after his 2005 Ashes debacle. He was a superb bowler until quite recently.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
He has, I think, made some strides forward in the Australian summer so far. He has done some work on his action, and is getting the movement off the seam that abandoned him somewhat during his bad patch back (which he had as recently as the tour of India in oct 2004, where he was brilliant). He hasn't translated it into great figures yet, but 9 wickets @ 19.44 in 2 games isn't bad. Kasprowicz has done well too, but has had the advantage of bowling on a very bowler-friendly Brisbane wicket and taking 8 in an innings.

open365

International Vice-Captain
great news!

i hope he gets back into the AUS team,but only after i've got to watch him against Lancashire.

in the old trafford ashes test he was fielding on the boundary where i was sitting and he got abused by most of the crowd when he started to bowl(he was getting smacked by Jones and Flintoff).i felt like telling them to shut up and i was very pleased when he fianlly bowled Jones.

he used to be a class bowler,i only hope he can bowl the same again.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
He has, I think, made some strides forward in the Australian summer so far. He has done some work on his action, and is getting the movement off the seam that abandoned him somewhat during his bad patch back (which he had as recently as the tour of India in oct 2004, where he was brilliant). He hasn't translated it into great figures yet, but 9 wickets @ 19.44 in 2 games isn't bad.

agreed, he will be back nearing his best before too long

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dizzy has bowled very very well for SA this season so far so I'd suggest he wouldn't be far away. Is back to that nagging off-stump line rather than the 'angled into leg' line on display so often during the Ashes.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Son Of Coco said:
I thought this thread had something to do with homeless people...sorry. :huh:
No, just a cricketer who looks like one.

/oh, God. have I offended someone else again?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Gillespie has been my favourite Australian bowler for many years now, and his fall from grace was amazing. I hope he does make it back into the team. I still remember, as already mentioned, his tour to India back in 2004. He was at his destructive best then.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I remember Gillespie at his best was so destructive in the 90s. I have always rated him very very highly. But he is clearly not Sampson.

And I will be surprised if he cannot come back to the Australian team.

Hazza

U19 Cricketer
I think Gillespie's test career is over with some great young players such as Shaun Tate and Shane Watson competing for a position in the side, it's a shame because I always used to love watching his bowling, and how often he beat the bat with his trademark outswingers pitched on a perfect length. I, too, would love him to return to form, as long as it's not against Warwickshire ;)

Craig

World Traveller
luckyeddie said:
No, just a cricketer who looks like one.

/oh, God. have I offended someone else again?
You never offended me and quite frankly that is your usual funny stuff you post. That is way you have posted ever since I have joined.

I mean Gillespie has described himself as a bogan so you are quite right about his looks :p

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
luckyeddie said:
Gillespie story

It has been announced today that Jason Gillespie will be joining Yorkshire County Cricket Club during 2006.

I really hope that for Gillespie's sake he puts his career back on track again after his 2005 Ashes debacle. He was a superb bowler until quite recently.
Took 7-35 today against Vic.

There is talk of a recall some time during SA series.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
FaaipDeOiad said:
Gillespie today against Victoria: 18-5-35-7
Victoria have now been skittled by Bichel, Kasprowicz and Gillespie in the space of a week.

Time to reconsider their First Class Status, I think...

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Neil Pickup said:
Victoria have now been skittled by Bichel, Kasprowicz and Gillespie in the space of a week.

*notes Kaspa has two nine-fors against Durham* :p

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Neil Pickup said:

Funny how they keep winning 8-)

Craig

World Traveller
Neil Pickup said:

Gillespie when in form is most certaintly not a rubbish bowler.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Neil Pickup said:

Checked the results of those matches though?