• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

XXXX Gold Beach Cricket

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
The point of the game is entertainment and fun (I've no idea what you're talking about re: boundary and water) . In case you haven't noticed, 4's are pretty hard to hit unless you hit an absolute missile as the ball just pitches in the sand. 6's are the only really viable boundary and having big boundaries limiting that and making 45 and 50 year old men run their balls off in heat isn't the best way to entertain fans IMO.
The reason I mentioned the boundaries in the water was because it was mentioned earlier in the topic so took a guess that it was what you meant by missing the whole point. I'm not saying make the boundaries an extra 25 metres, just extend them a fraction so that we see a few more 2s and the boundary towards the ocean isn't cleared so easily with a top edge. It wouldn't surprise me if the ropes were brought in even more, I fully agree that the crowds want to see boundaries, was just a suggestion after I saw such monsterous hitters of the ball smashing 6s so comfortably.

grant28

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yeah, its brilliant! Really good to watch and no doubt fun for the ex-players to take part in.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't believe how serious Gooch seems about the whole thing in the com-box, surely this is just hit & giggle stuff & nobody really cares about the result