• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

XXXX Gold Beach Cricket

burr

State Vice-Captain
Why aren't there any fielders in the water? That's the best part of beach cricket imo.
Agreed. It doesn't really feel like real beach cricket. Beach cricket when I used to play was on hard sand with a couple of boogie boards as wickets :happy: still, the mark waugh catch brought back memories. It's cool nz are the best.

James

Cricket Web Owner
For those of you who may have forgotten, the Beach Cricket Grand Final starts soon on Channel 10.

England v NZ it is.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Cairns, Astle & Nash have been absolutely brilliant. Even though its just Beach Cricket, you can clearly see how the Black Caps miss players of their class.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Anyone watching it this year?

I watched the two games this afternoon which the Kiwis both lost. Gillespie has certainly added a heap to Australia's team, and was great to see Jonty Rhodes again running around.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Watched about 1 minute last weekend. Until they're allowed to hit into the water I won't consider it 'Beach Cricket'.

Dydl

International Debutant
Watched the games last week, but forgot to watch today. Interesting that the Kiwis lost, they played great last week, so that's a little unexpected.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Saw highlights of last weeks games, first time I've seen the Beach Cricket concept so was entertaining. :) Might pay to make the boundaries a bit bigger, especially with the likes of Astle, Nash, Klusener, etc able to clear the ropes so easily.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Saw highlights of last weeks games, first time I've seen the Beach Cricket concept so was entertaining. :) Might pay to make the boundaries a bit bigger, especially with the likes of Astle, Nash, Klusener, etc able to clear the ropes so easily.
Missing the whole point.

luffy

International Captain
The whole point is boundaries. The easier they are to come by, the more entertaining it is.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
And whats "the whole point" - you want the game on the beach itself with the boundary in the water? You'd have a problem with the tide in that case.
This:

The whole point is boundaries. The easier they are to come by, the more entertaining it is.
The point of the game is entertainment and fun (I've no idea what you're talking about re: boundary and water) . In case you haven't noticed, 4's are pretty hard to hit unless you hit an absolute missile as the ball just pitches in the sand. 6's are the only really viable boundary and having big boundaries limiting that and making 45 and 50 year old men run their balls off in heat isn't the best way to entertain fans IMO.