• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

WTC 2021 Final vs 2023 ODI WC Final

Which was the bigger choke by India?

• WTC 2021 Final

• 2023 ODI WC Final

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's weird. I know if I felt the same way I'd be keeping it to myself so as not to come across like these guys are right now.

Might whinge about it in a few years time though when the dust settles :ph34r:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I dont think the conditions and the WC were any more favorable to India (lol @ rigged, that is just BG jelly) than it was in 2015 to the Aussies or in 2019 to England. We were outplayed by a team that was better prepared and executed those plans better. We had the advantage in the first PP of both innings and then let it slip as we did not have answers to the plans the opponents had. We were simply outplayed. There is always an advantage due to conditions in cricket and sometimes its more marked than others. But I am yet to see a side who lost only because of the conditions in LO cricket. Maybe that T20 WC in the UAE where chasing side always seemed to start with a +50 advantage but other than that, I dont think it has been that bad. The toss and the best use of conditions give you a bit of a push at the take off but you are not winning a race just by that.

Neither was a choke. India were overhyed in both instance. New Zealand were clearly a better team in English condition in WTC and Australia would have humiliated India in knockout regardless.

TheJediBrah

I dont think the conditions and the WC were any more favorable to India (lol @ rigged, that is just BG jelly) than it was in 2015 to the Aussies or in 2019 to England.
That's not true at all though is it. BCCI did get the pitch changed to a used one in the semi final, and encouraged as slow a pitch as possible for the final in an attempt to give them an advantage.

That would be like the Aussies or England getting a game against a SC side moved to Perth (or an English equivalent) or trying to make a pitch as bouncy and fast as possible. In fact in 2015 the opposite happened, India got to play their semi-final at Sydney on the friendliest pitch to them available all tournament.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
That's not true at all though is it. BCCI did get the pitch changed to a used one in the semi final, and encouraged as slow a pitch as possible for the final in an attempt to give them an advantage.
You can repeat idiocies ad nauseum as you want. The pitch was changed according to the ICC Protocols and by the ICC, not BCCI. Stating racist lies as facts does not make them reality inspite of your fantasies.

TheJediBrah

Australians talking about pitch doctoring when their pitch is permanently doctored against spinners 😂
That's not what doctoring means. Doctoring would be making them less spin-friendly whenever a team with good spinners tours

Status
Not open for further replies.