• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

WTC 2021 Final vs 2023 ODI WC Final

Which was the bigger choke by India?

• WTC 2021 Final

• 2023 ODI WC Final

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
lmao no. Australia's fragile middle order gets exposed and they get out for 180 odd. Sharma kills that with his opening burst and it gets chased in 40 overs because there's no reverse or spin in the second innings
Is this the same fantasy reality where you've been laid

TheJediBrah

Yeah would have been completely different when we lost the toss and Rohit batted anyway and something different happens because . . . reasons?

Sunil1z

International Regular
Yeah Rohit would bat first on a pitch tailor made for Jadeja knowing that under lights his spinners would be extremely ineffective.

flibbertyjibber

Neither the final or semi final were chokes, Australia just the better side. The test match one wasn't either as they had no prep playing in a neutral venue, something that needs looking at probably.

Strange thread.

Burgey

Sunilz is one of my fave posters* because he loves to throw in complete irrelevancies when he's not faring well in the back and forth of any discussion, which is pretty much always.

You'll often see interactions something like
- "Well Sunilz i think you're wrong because India was outplayed on this occasion."
- "Yeah? Well Shane Warne bowled junk in 2001! Huh! Yeah, what about that? And someone else thinks it was because of his finger nail!! Huh??? Yeaaahhhhh. Can't say anything about that can you? That's why you were in favour of ethnic cleansing in the Bosnian War in the 1990s."

One of the reasons I was genuinely surprised at the revelation a few days ago of a college education being on the cv.

*not really. Abject.

Burgey

I mean, the mental gymnastics are admirable.

Wrong, but admirable nonetheless.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Yeah Ponting was also having a breakdown when he blamed 1996 WC Final loss on dew during commentary in this WC .
Everyone who doesn’t agree to the fact that Aussies were slightly lucky in finals is a sore loser .

Burgey

I kind of don't quite follow in this instance because he was very subdued in his pre-game posts and quite open to the idea of the game being close and even Australia winning. Anyway, it's never easy when something you're heavily invested in goes awry. It's on again in four years. We'll probably all still be here, with an ounce of luck and nothing else in life (or death) to take us away from here.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Yeah Ponting was also having a breakdown when he blamed 1996 WC Final loss on dew during commentary in this WC .
Everyone who doesn’t agree to the fact that Aussies were slightly lucky in finals is a sore loser .
Sore winner, mate. Sore winner

Status
Not open for further replies.