• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

WPL Auction Feb 13 2023

cnerd123

likes this
I'm liking all of UPW's signings so far. They're also the only franchise here without a men's counterpart. Seems like this is the team I'll be supporting this season!

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, that’s absurd

Wouldn’t be surprised if she bails

Not as if she & Mitch needs the coin

Socerer 01

International Captain
Yeah, that’s absurd

Wouldn’t be surprised if she bails

Not as if she & Mitch needs the coin
i don’t think bailing out is wise though. clearly there will be an increase in budget next season at the least after this is a success and she could always enter the next auction and get a much bettet deal. on the contrary these teams rarely bid for players who don’t fulfil commitments despite how good they are

cnerd123

likes this
Gujarat have already got 5 overseas players and their 6th needs to be an associate which won't be until Set 16, so they'll only be bidding on Indians from here on in.

Decent set of 5, not sure if Sutherland is the best option out there but hard to argue against the rest.

cnerd123

likes this
The Warriorz with another solid pick in Anjali Sarvani. Left arm bowlers will be going at a premium if the trend from the men's IPL are any indication. I expect Mahika Gaur from UAE to get paaaiidd

Socerer 01

International Captain
The Warriorz with another solid pick in Anjali Sarvani. Left arm bowlers will be going at a premium if the trend from the men's IPL are any indication. I expect Mahika Gaur from UAE to get paaaiidd
by paid you mean picked up at base price right? :laugh:

feels like they should have just done a draft and be done with it instead of this auction… would have been more balanced at least

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
i don’t think bailing out is wise though. clearly there will be an increase in budget next season at the least after this is a success and she could always enter the next auction and get a much bettet deal. on the contrary these teams rarely bid for players who don’t fulfil commitments despite how good they are
They’re one of the richest couples in world sports

Money is the least of their issues