• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Would Ponting make an Aussie all-time XI?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The idea that Ponting doesn't belong in the various *****/ *******/ ****** groupings in the teams being put up here is curious in the extreme. I know most non-Australians hate him for whatever stupid reasons, but if you don't think he belongs in the argument then you're doing cricket watching wrong.

ashley bach

International Captain
Of course it's really tough leaving players such as Border and Waugh out, but the player receiving the shortest straw of all is no doubt is A.C Voges.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
You don't consider Ponting even in the '/' for the 6th position?
Nah just forgot.

New year is a terrible place to use as a cutoff point for Australian cricket, considering it pretty much always lands in the middle of a series
Was just going based on the 2014 that TJB mentioned, guess it discounts Smith’s last test vs India in 14-15, bumps his average up to 52, doesn’t really change what I was posting about.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
The idea that Ponting doesn't belong in the various *****/ *******/ ****** groupings in the teams being put up here is curious in the extreme. I know most non-Australians hate him for whatever stupid reasons, but if you don't think he belongs in the argument then you 're doing cricket watching wrong.
As a non Aussie, let me assure you that I don't hate Ponting anymore than I hate Border or Steve Waugh.

I'm very fair - I hate all great Australian batsmen the same. :laughing:

Jumno

U19 Captain
Trumper
Border
Bradman
G chappell
S Waugh
Miller
Gilchrist
Warne
Lillee
Lindwall
McGrath

Last edited:
You're either playing maverick opening batsman SG Barnes at 10, or claiming SF Barnes as an Aussie. Either way, I'm loving it.
Offer Syd Barnes 5x money and he will play for Australia’s ATG Xi and demolish England’s ATG Xi.

Or Barnes may have left England cause two scrubs Anderson and Trueman didn’t let him have the new ball.

_00_deathscar

International Regular
On a serious note I was a big Alan Border fan - top player and top bloke.

Wasn't keen on Steve Waugh and all that mental deterioration ****e that eventually lead to sandpaper gate.
Yea, throwing money at Indians on the street from the hotel room so a bunch of them would scramble and gather around, and then chucking water on them - what a standup guy.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Was just going based on the 2014 that TJB mentioned, guess it discounts Smith’s last test vs India in 14-15, bumps his average up to 52, doesn’t really change what I was posting about.
Yeah sorry if that came across as hostile, was more just a general statement about my dislike of splitting up series down the middle

It indeed doesn't invalidate the point being made there