• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Would BazBall have worked against McWarne in the 2000s?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Jason Gillespie was quality. Definitely a lot better than Kapil Dev. Should be Aussie cricket coach too imo.
Even my project which nearly everyone complains about being too focused on longevity had Gillespie 35th ahead of Kapil 41st, and Kapil had the 'most' longevity out of any pace bowler.

I do think Gillespie gets under-rated sometimes on here due to:
1. Being third banana to McGrath and Warne;
2. Bowling absolutely horrid pies in the 2005 Ashes.

He was a proper gun.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
did he actually take a wicket?
Pretty sure warne and macgrath got the oppositions out.
i recall him bringing someone a drink once so i suppose he contributed
OMG..... you are a proper **** with no idea.........if its wasn't for G Mcgrath, Gillespie would be considered one of the best of the 2000's . Gun bowler, very underrated just cos of the team he was in.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Even my project which nearly everyone complains about being too focused on longevity had Gillespie 35th ahead of Kapil 41st, and Kapil had the 'most' longevity out of any pace bowler.

I do think Gillespie gets under-rated sometimes on here due to:
1. Being third banana to McGrath and Warne;
2. Bowling absolutely horrid pies in the 2005 Ashes.

He was a proper gun.
Yeah, he was awesome. I know some rated him the hardest bowler to face in shield cricket back around 2001.

Gob

International Coach
It won't but may well work against the current attack. They are notorious for losing the plot when put under attack