• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst team fielding in a test innings

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
psxpro said:
Im not saying sub continent teams dive too much or anything, im reacting to the thing that people have said its hard for them to dive becasue of their groubnds they practice on, I'm just saying diving has nothing to do with a ball that comes straight at you.
no thats very true, i accept that, everyone has their own way of doing things i guess, thats all there is to it really

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
psxpro said:
Also I don't buy this diving thing about subcontinet teams, you don't need to dive to take catches that come striaght at you.
And to stop ball that are just next to you.
Your point? The Sri Lankans did not field well yesterday, but as someone has said before, the Indian team are among the best when it comes to catching...

psxpro

Banned
I disagree, they have some brilliant fielders but they still drop a lot fo catches, and feilding isn't all about catches.

Will Scarlet

U19 Debutant
The NZ team of a decade ago. I think Danny Morrison had five catches dropped in two tests, against England I think. Ground fielding was OK but they couldn't catch anything behind square.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will Scarlet said:
The NZ team of a decade ago. I think Danny Morrison had five catches dropped in two tests, against England I think. Ground fielding was OK but they couldn't catch anything behind square.
I remember pulling my hair out over that :p

I pretty sure it was the 93-94 series in Australia though, and 8 catches went down off him in the 3 test series.

shoot_me

School Boy/Girl Captain
nowadays, India's catching is pretty good even though the ground fielding needs much improvement. Pakistan on the other hand have some big time probs when it comes to catching. During this last test series, sehwag had given chances to the pakistanis early in his innings but pak didnt take them and paid full price once he got in good form. those painful centuries could have been reduced to single digit scores and the same can actually be said about the one-day series.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Mister Wright said:
The whole West Indian side in every test of their last tour of South Africa.
Oh they've been worse. That was a fine performance by West Indies overseas standards.

Mr Mxyzptlk

If you're considering catching or lack thereoff, the worst fielding in a session has to be England against Australia in the last Ashes homestand. They dropped Gilchrist 5 times in the morning session.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
psxpro said:
Im not saying sub continent teams dive too much or anything, im reacting to the thing that people have said its hard for them to dive becasue of their groubnds they practice on, I'm just saying diving has nothing to do with a ball that comes straight at you.
There are allot of different things you have to consider when it comes to fielding. The ground conditions in the sub-continent, as there is no consistent bonce of turf, so you can't trust that if you get ur body in certain position you will stop it from going past you. Cus of this many sub continent fielders get lazy when it comes to ground fielding, cus even if you do everything right the ball still does past. Also when it comes to outfielding the surface does come into play as your not going to truth diving or sliding on the outfields of Asia, as your just asking for an injury. When they came to better grounds in other places, they never dive around at home so their not going to be confident diving around away from home.

Well catching is another think and it more to do with reactions then anything else and when it comes down to it most Sri Lankan and Pakistan fielders are a lot slower and lazier then India fielders. That why Indian fielders are better catchers, well the fit ones atleast.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Deja moo said:
They've still got it. Dravid and Laxman ( except for that shocker of a game he had in the TVS cup final)
I remember that! Haha I was laughing... I couldn`t believe how many times he dropped them, that would shoot your confidence. Didn`t help his batting. :)

Deja moo

International Captain
psxpro said:
I disagree, they have some brilliant fielders but they still drop a lot fo catches, and feilding isn't all about catches.
You're talking through your ass here. Provide examples.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
heard a story about a young australian side (under 19, or from the academy, or something) went over to the subcontinet for a tour and were told not to dive because some grounds were watered with sewage water, and if you cut yourself or grazed urself diving then you'd be likely to get infected and stuff...confirmation, or is it just BS?