• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World's top 10 six hitters? (Current players)

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
day in day out IMO.....

in no particular order....

Cairns
Flintoff
Afridi
Razzaq
Gilchrist
Sewag
Gayle
Powell
Pietersen
Jayasuria
Astle

Fiery

Banned
zinzan12 said:
day in day out IMO.....

in no particular order....

Cairns
Flintoff
Afridi
Razzaq
Gilchrist
Sewag
Gayle
Powell
Pietersen
Jayasuria
Astle
What are you judging them on? The frequency of sixes per innings (Flintoff has the highest ratio in ODIs at over 1 per innings), the average size of the sixes they hit (Cairns), ability to hit sixes at the start of their innings (Afridi)...?
I think if these guys had a six derby like baseball's home run derby than Cairns and Afridi would be who I would put my money on.

Zinzan

Fiery said:
What are you judging them on? The frequency of sixes per innings (Flintoff has the highest ratio in ODIs at over 1 per innings), the average size of the sixes they hit (Cairns), ability to hit sixes at the start of their innings (Afridi)...?
I think if these guys had a six derby like baseball's home run derby than Cairns and Afridi would be who I would put my money on.
yes admittedly its a bit of a "hit and giggle" type list...

I'm simply judging them on the chance they would be likely to hit a six in any given innings...so really the likelyhood they would clear the ropes in an innings if a was a bookmaker

Fiery

Banned
Top XI Six hitters. (Total Sixes)

Total 6s 6s/innings
Shahid Afridi 192 1.01 PAK
ST Jayasuriya 188 0.57 SL
SC Ganguly 168 0.65 IND
CL Cairns 144 0.80 NZ
SR Tendulkar 142 0.42 IND
Inzamam-ul-Haq 131 0.41 PAK
IVA Richards 126 0.75 WI
Wasim Akram 121 0.43 PAK
BC Lara 110 0.45 WI
PA de Silva 102 0.34 SL
Saeed Anwar 97 0.39 PAK

Last edited:

Zinzan

Fiery said:
Total 6s 6s/innings
Shahid Afridi 192 1.01 PAK
ST Jayasuriya 188 0.57 SL
SC Ganguly 168 0.65 IND
CL Cairns 144 0.80 NZ
SR Tendulkar 142 0.42 IND
Inzamam-ul-Haq 131 0.41 PAK
IVA Richards 126 0.75 WI
Wasim Akram 121 0.43 PAK
BC Lara 110 0.45 WI
PA de Silva 102 0.34 SL
Saeed Anwar 97 0.39 PAK
current players??

Fiery

Banned
zinzan12 said:
current players??
That was the all-time list. Here's the Top 10 All Time 6s per innings. Both Cairns's on the list. Good lads!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name 6s/I Team
A Flintoff 1.02 ENG
Shahid Afridi 1.01 PAK
CL Cairns 0.80 NZ
RL Powell 0.78 WI
IVA Richards 0.75 WI
CG Greenidge 0.63 WI
BL Cairns 0.63 NZ
L Klusener 0.55 RSA
WJ Cronje 0.53 RSA
WW Hinds 0.52 WI

Zinzan

Fiery said:
That was the all-time list. Here's the Top 10 All Time 6s per innings. Both Cairns's on the list. Good lads!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name 6s/I Team
A Flintoff 1.02 ENG
Shahid Afridi 1.01 PAK
CL Cairns 0.80 NZ
RL Powell 0.78 WI
IVA Richards 0.75 WI
CG Greenidge 0.63 WI
BL Cairns 0.63 NZ
L Klusener 0.55 RSA
WJ Cronje 0.53 RSA
WW Hinds 0.52 WI
yeah seen that list..Mcmillan and astle are in the .40 region from memory which would prob be in the top twenty..

Look out for Pietersen's ratio once he's played enough games to qualify for the list...If he continues at his current rate he may beat them all.

Fiery

Banned
zinzan12 said:
yeah seen that list..Mcmillan and astle are in the .40 region from memory which would prob be in the top twenty..

Look out for Pietersen's ratio once he's played enough games to qualify for the list...If he continues at his current rate he may beat them all.
Pietersen has hit 18 in 9 innings so leads them all with a rate of 2 per innings if my arithmetic is correct. (A enjoy a bit of trainspotting now and then).

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Pieterson
Kemp
Cairns
Razzaq
Afridi

Sehwag
Ganguly
Flintoff
Powell
Gilchrist
Gayle
Jayasuriya

Thats a round dozen. In no particular order although I think the top five would be the top five for me.. If I have to remove two....errr...I might remove Ganguly and Gayle.

Zinzan

SJS said:
Pieterson
Kemp
Cairns
Razzaq
Afridi

Sehwag
Ganguly
Flintoff
Powell
Gilchrist
Gayle
Jayasuriya

Thats a round dozen. In no particular order although I think the top five would be the top five for me.. If I have to remove two....errr...I might remove Ganguly and Gayle.
nice bakers dozen, also I forgot Hinds isn't the worst at finding the stands

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
zinzan12 said:
its after midnite...the blinkers are fading, thought i counted 13 :D
Oh I can understand that !!

You can be forgiven for including me (sitting on top of that list or close to the top anyway) as one of them ! :sleep: :sleep:

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
this may seem quite odd, but i have honestly never winessed Mr. CH Gayle hit a six and i watched about 3 quatres of the matches he played last year.

However he is a strong man with a great eye so should be able to punch a few out of the park.

I might have made a visit to the toilet, or gone to get a snack everytime he opened his shoulders but i honestly dont remember seeing him hit a ''dorothy''

My top 5
Afridi
Kemp
Flintoff
Cairns
Pietersen

Others
Ganguly
Razzaq
Gilchrist
Jayasuriya
Sehwag

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Off the top of my head with absolutely zero statistical data to back me up.

Afridi
Cairns
Flintoff
Kemp
Sehwag
Razzaq
Pieterson
Ganguly
Jayasuriya
Gilchrist

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Actually 10 is such a large number, you cant go wrong, can you :p :p

I wish there was a thread to decide the worlds ten best spinners and the ten best batsmen. The debate on Warne vs Murali and Lara vs Sachin would have vanished long ago.

Smart chap, whoever started this thread :happy:

Frankly for top five also, Kemp, Peterson, Razzaq, Afridi and Cairns would find fairly wide acceptance.

Why not try to see who are the two worst last over batsmen (from the top six in the batting order) in world cricket ? That should be fun :sleep:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
SJS said:
Frankly for top five also, Kemp, Peterson, Razzaq, Afridi and Cairns would find fairly wide acceptance.
I think you'd find many would complain with that 5, and have Flintoff in their list. :p