• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Trivia Thread - SJS Format

Agent TBY

International Captain
Gabriel Batistuta, the only player to score hat-tricks in two consecutive (different?) World Cups.

No idea about the players who could match him, though. Klose, perhaps?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Agent TBY said:
Gabriel Batistuta, the only player to score hat-tricks in two consecutive (different?) World Cups.

No idea about the players who could match him, though. Klose, perhaps?
Yep, spot on. Batistuta is the only player to score hat-tricks in two different world cups. Klose can match him & Pauleta of Portugal is the other player in with a shout. :)

Your turn.

Agent TBY

International Captain
I am the holder of two World Cup records, and I achieved them both in an incredibly short time period. Who am I, and what are my achievements?

cpr

International Coach
Were your records both set at the same time (as in one wasnt broken, then the other broke another game, or later on that game... if you get what i mean)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I got bored waiting too.

Are you Roger Milla of Cameroon, the oldest player to take the field in a World Cup match AND the oldest player to score in a World Cup match (v Russia, 1994 WC, who incidentally had a record holder of their own through Oleg Salenko scoring 5 goals in the same game)?