• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Trivia Thread - SJS Format

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I competed in the inaugural World Cup and there was something about me that made me majorly different to all the other players? Who am I and why am I different?

Barney Rubble

International Coach
GeraintIsMyHero said:
I competed in the inaugural World Cup and there was something about me that made me majorly different to all the other players? Who am I and why am I different?
Were you an amateur at the time you played in the World Cup? Random shot in the dark...

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Barney Rubble said:
Were you an amateur at the time you played in the World Cup? Random shot in the dark...
Er, not as far as I know LOL

Goughy said:
Is it that mixed race (white/black) brazilian fella who had a German dad?
That's not what I'm looking for, no.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Barney Rubble said:
Maybe one of the following.

1. You were a female (USA did have someone called "Tracey" playing for them)
2. You were part of the Romanian royal family (as their team was chosen by King Carol)

cpr

International Coach
BoyBrumby said:
Is there a chap who played in an early WC who only had one arm? Or have I imagined that?
Think one of the Uruguay players had one arm. Something in my head is saying its the keeper, but theres a rational bit which is laughing at that.......

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Brumby said:
Is there a chap who played in an early WC who only had one arm? Or have I imagined that?
Yeah, can you tell me his name :)

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I had to cheat, but here's the chappie .....

Uruguayan striker Héctor Castro was that man, having lost the lower part of his left limb in an unfortunate carpentry accident at the age of 13. Not that this swayed him from his dream, mind, as he went on to represent his country and even score the last-minute clinching goal in the 4-2 win over Argentina in 1930.

Shame the same didn't happen to Maradonna before 1986. :)