• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Women's Twenty20 World Cup

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
what's this pitch all about, it's spinning, Lords pitch suppose to be good for batting & fast bowling, but it's spinning

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
what's this pitch all about, it's spinning, Lords pitch suppose to be good for batting & fast bowling, but it's spinning
Was originally supposed to be the Ashes test pitch apparently...

Anyway probably have to take into account this spin is coming from balls bowled in the low 40's mph...if a spinner tries to bowl that speed regularly this afternoon the batsmen will have about half an hour to get to the pitch.

It's swinging considerably as well...but at 65mph

pskov

International 12th Man
Doolan there. :unsure:

Nice idea, horrid execution. When it's that wide you have to leave it surely.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
First time I've seen Jenny Gunn bowl. Is it just me or does she have a suspect action?
Been reported before, got banned from grade cricket in Australia but got cleared before the world cup. Looks dodgy to me, Guha should be in the side before her anyway.

pskov

International 12th Man
Been reported before, got banned from grade cricket in Australia but got cleared before the world cup. Looks dodgy to me, Guha should be in the side before her anyway.
Yeah I'm surprised Guha is not in the side, watching the matches in both world cups she seems like one of the better bowlers around in women's cricket to me.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I'm surprised Guha is not in the side, watching the matches in both world cups she seems like one of the better bowlers around in women's cricket to me.
She's right up there in the rankings (think she was no 1 before the ODI WC) think the reasoning is that they want Marsh to open the bowling and Gunn adds a bit more to the batting given there are maybe slight concerns over the middle order

Dydl

International Debutant
Wow, pretty dismal batting from new Zealand.

Looks like the final's going to be a let-down, especially compared to Aus vs Eng, which was easily the match of the tournament.

pskov

International 12th Man
Yeah, New Zealand just haven't turned up, very strange. The cameras were showing the NZ dugout after around the 4th over and looking at their body language you'd have thought they had already lost.

Dydl

International Debutant
No surprises there.

Do disagree with this comment by Cricinfo though: "They've been outstanding and are so far ahead of their competition."

Not the outstanding part, just the so far ahead. Reckon we're pretty evenly matched when we both play well. That's the key, I suppose, but I don't understand how he can say that they're so far ahead after that semi-final...

Anyway, congratulations to England. Claire Taylor finishing it off again with a four. Really looking forward to the Ashes now.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The NZ team looked pathetic. Surely this isn't international standard?
*eyes light up* ... too easy

Anyway from what I've seen the women's teams are very top heavy (I'm sure I could phrase that better), the top 3-4 batsmen are usually leagues ahead of the rest - so early wickets are absolutely huge and generally decide the match.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Caught a bit of this the other day. Is amazing how much Claire Taylor with her helmet on looks like Ian Bell. And how much all the blondes look like Nathan Bracken.