• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Women's Twenty20 World Cup

Dydl

International Debutant
Yeah likewise, finishing up on 134 is pretty disappointing, but still it's fairly decent.

Sthalekar is one great cricketer, seems to always do well. Haven't seen a big score from Rolton in a while, perhaps this could be her day.
Had similar thoughts re. Rolton. She's just one of those players that you expect a big score from. Got a 90-odd and 50 in the WC in March, but has been fairly quiet since then, so definitely expect her to cash in soon. She'll probably be feeling the pressure as well, this being her last tournament as captain.

Meanwhile, we've made a fairly solid start to the chase. Nitschke very important to how it goes.

Looking back over Sthalekar's performances in the T20 warm-ups, and she has been very consistent bowling-wise. Figures of 3-12 (with one maiden), 3-11, and 2-25 speak for themselves. And she can bat a bit too.

EDIT: Nitschke looking very good here.

Dydl

International Debutant
Not too upset Poulton's gone; gives Sthalekar a chance to shine. Nitschke seems to be playing a similar innings to Dottin, really deserves a 50.

Would say we're on top at the halfway stage.

EDIT: Haha, wow. I blinked and now we only need 22. Much better batting performance this time round. :)

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
47/6 after 14.1 now, looks like England are in the semis

Looks like England vs Australia & NZ vs India. Should be good games for the tv cameras. Aussie will be pretty confident after their performance against us in the warmups

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Just saw the highlights of the game, seems like some awesome fielding from England. Charlotte Edwards for one could give Stuart Broad a few lessons in throwing at the stumps.

Dydl

International Debutant
47/6 after 14.1 now, looks like England are in the semis

Looks like England vs Australia & NZ vs India. Should be good games for the tv cameras. Aussie will be pretty confident after their performance against us in the warmups
Yeah, definitely. England haven't beaten us for a bit, which is interesting considering our losing to New Zealand and India. So should be a very good match.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Good to see the semi-finals as predicated.

Tough to pick who the final is going to be between!

I'll stick my neck out and say NZ v Australia.

Dydl

International Debutant
SA putting up a reasonable total here. Very impressive batting by Brits and Benade. It's always good to see the 'minnow' teams put in a good effort.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Definitely.

How come SA have been so bad in women's cricket, anyway? I thought sport was quite big over there for women as well as men, but they don't perform anything like as well as teams like New Zealand for example.

Dydl

International Debutant
Definitely.

How come SA have been so bad in women's cricket, anyway? I thought sport was quite big over there for women as well as men, but they don't perform anything like as well as teams like New Zealand for example.
Yeah, it's interesting how competitive teams in the men's form, such as West Indies, Sri Lanka, Pakistan and South Africa, are all minor teams in the women's. Not quite sure why that is.

Our batting is very up-and-down so far this tournament. Have a reasonable run rate this match, and Rolton's already hit a six, so we SHOULD post a pretty competitive total.

EDIT: Very pleased with that batting performance in the end. Rolton and Blackwell played awesomely. Fifth highest total in T20s as well, so can't complain overall.

Last edited:

Dydl

International Debutant
That was one awesome over by Ellyse Perry. Completely against the momentum of the game. Very impressed. :)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Our batting looks a consideration at the moment, only one of our top 4 getting runs against the Pakistanis, 71/3 after 10.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
We're having a bowl first, which I think is good. It's our strong suit.

I really really want us to win this match.

Dydl

International Debutant
We're having a bowl first, which I think is good. It's our strong suit.

I really really want us to win this match.
Likewise. Think our batting is our strong suit. Really enjoying this match so far. So good to be able to watch some of it.

Great batting so far by everyone. They've all looked really good. :)

But as we know, things can change very, VERY quickly in T20.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh dear. :(

Will need awesome contributions from our big three (Edwards, Taylor and Taylor) to pull this chase off.