• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Windies Team Discussion, and Other Related Things Thread

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He tried to play a big swipe and mistimed the leg-spinner Reaz Latif (who looks good)...the result, caught by the keeper. A skier...departs for 53 (60)

SillyCowCorner1

Great move by CWI to give Shamar Joseph a retainer contract outside of the window for granting contracts...

"Cricket West Indies (CWI) proudly announces the upgrade of Shamar Joseph from his current Franchise contract to a CWI International retainer contract. This decision comes in recognition of Joseph's outstanding performance and invaluable contribution to the recent historic victory against Australia on their home soil in Brisbane, marking Australia's first defeat to the West Indies since 1997."

" Shamar has not just been rewarded with a retained contract he has earned it.”

SillyCowCorner1

Delighted to see Chemar invested in as well. Alongside Shamar and Seales that could be quite an attack.
Although I like the direction they are taking with this. The elephant in the room is propping up the young batsmen to be able to average 45-50 in a first-class season.

Mediocrity is a thing of the past.

WI are back baby.

SillyCowCorner1

This is concerning,

Antigua & Barbados' entry means Jamaica will not host a game in CPL 2024. A CPL spokesperson had mentioned there will be efforts to create a Jamaica-based franchise but that it will be in 2025 at the earliest. Sabina Park, in Jamaica, last hosted a CPL match in 2019 and league's chief executive Pete Russell had criticised the island for its reluctance to engage with cricket.

SillyCowCorner1

A nice little read this, having gone to school right next to the Tucber Park Cricket Club, I know exactly what he's talking about. Carl Moore was my under-15 coach when I played for Berbice. His son, Julian Moore was a fellow student and also a member of Tucber Park Club. I think Julian is now a coach as well of the national Under-15 team. What else? Another fast bowler, Jeremy Gordon (plays for Canada now), was a member of that club.

I remember playing under-15 cricket and being scared to play Tucber Park because of their pacers, who were the fastest in the county of Berbice at the time: Jeremy Gordon and Kellon Henry. Some of their other players went to my school as well, Anthony D'Andrade, Dane Benny, Anil Solomon (grandson of Joe Solomon):

In the first game I played at school, I got a hundred. I was taken to this club - Tucber Park Club - and introduced to the guy who was running it at the time - Carl Moore. From there on, I never really looked back. Moore took me under his wing and saw the talent in me. He started to look after me off the field as well and made sure I came to training every day (laughs). If I don't get to training on a day, I would get a call. He made sure that everything was okay with me even outside of cricket. That discipline he taught me off the field, I feel, is more important than what he taught me on it.

Didn't your son recently play for Tucber Park Club as well?
Exactly. I don't think there's any other club he can go to (laughs). Tucber Park is always the club for him and me. Shamar played for the same club with me, and we also have Tremayne Smartt, who has played for West Indies Women, and Nial Smith, who has played for Guyana in first-class cricket. Most of them from the club are fast bowlers; I'm the only allrounder.

You and Shamar won the CPL together last year. You have played a lot of club cricket together, but you could potentially go up against him in the IPL. Is this the first time you will face each other in an official game?
We have played practice games in Guyana and he has bowled to me in the nets and got me out, but this will be the first time in an official game. Shamar is bowling fast; he has gotten faster. He can bowl 150kph and I have to be more careful with him. If he gets me out [in the IPL], he's going to tell me about it all day (laughs), so I'm going to make sure that he doesn't get me out. And hopefully, I can hit him for a few [runs].

Aritro

International Regular
This is concerning,

Antigua & Barbados' entry means Jamaica will not host a game in CPL 2024. A CPL spokesperson had mentioned there will be efforts to create a Jamaica-based franchise but that it will be in 2025 at the earliest. Sabina Park, in Jamaica, last hosted a CPL match in 2019 and league's chief executive Pete Russell had criticised the island for its reluctance to engage with cricket.

Why are Jamaica so unwilling to engage with cricket?

SillyCowCorner1

News for our cricket academy:

Sri Lankan Ramesh Subasinghe appointed West Indies Academy Head Coach

Initially thought that he was going to head the team right away in the current WI Championship...he starts on May 1st.