• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will Shane Warne ever make a Century for Australia

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I hope for his sake that he does, I guess Ponting will give him a good as a chance as possible at the SCG, as long as the game is already won/lost.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
PhoenixFire said:
I hope for his sake that he does, I guess Ponting will give him a good as a chance as possible at the SCG, as long as the game is already won/lost.
Hope not. Test cricket is not a variety show that you should mock.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
What are you talking about?? Where did I say that Ponting would do anything other than attempt to give Warne the best possible chance of winning, in a situation that would merit it? If it's going to happen to anyone, it's Warne.

Stumped

Banned
No....he had his chance and he blew it. He always said that was one of his goals that he wanted to achieve before retiring and now that he has just announced his reiterment its not looking good.:unsure:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I really hope he can grind one out. He's shown in the 2005 Ashes when he's determined to bat for a long time he can, and he can score runs while doing it. His last game at the G would be a great place to do it.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
There's no doubt Warne could make one, he's always had the ability. It's tough to get the chance from number 8 though. He'd really need the team to be in a bit of trouble when he came in, and have a batsman to bat with. Say 6/150 with Hussey or Ponting at the other end.

I'd laugh if Ponting sent him in at number 4 at the SCG or something.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Drop Langer and get him opening I say.

Seriously, he has the best chance at 5 or 6, and batting with Hussey or Ponting.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
No. There's three scenarios that could see it happening 1. He's pushed up the order. Unlikely, the Aussies seem really keen on 5-0 so I don't think they'll mess with the order for sentimental reasons.
2. He comes in at say, 150-6 and rescues them. But can you see our bowlers getting Australia into that posistion in the first place?
3. He does a "Jason Gillespie" (I wonder if Shane wishes he'd volunteeered for that role in Bangladesh.)
It would be nice if it happened - and believe it or not I wanted him to get it at Old trafford last year - but I bet if he gets to 99 no at the MCG or SCG he'll be more nervous than if he was bowling to Lara on 150 no on a flat pitch in Antigua!!:laugh:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
na, he's missed his chance. But as been said already, Ponting would have to send him up early for real for him to have a real chance.

Choc

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
aussie said:
na, he's missed his chance. But as been said already, Ponting would have to send him up early for real for him to have a real chance.
Who knows he has 4 inninings left what can he pull off.