• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

why wasim and waqar were accused of ball tempering?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
vic_orthdox said:
Seconded - to an extent. Back on topic please, we've been through the bias arguments more times than luckyeddie's used the term "zimmer frames" in the Ashes thread.

Keep it clean, peoples.
I've been through that phase - we're on to the colostomy bags now

(mind you, Glenn would put his foot in one, knowing him)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
If some of you got time off from reading tabloids, here is what that Ted Corbette writes in the herald :-

"....you need special qualities to produce reverse swing of the quality of those two bowlers.You have to be strong like Waqar who must have eaten his own body weight in spinach, Flintoff, 6ft 4in and 161/2 stone and Jones, who looks as if he works out 24 hours a day.
Wasim's fast left arm action may also have helped......"

I am not surprised that his views are very similar to that of Donald.

C_C

International Captain
This reverse racism crap of " he's from such and such" lets target him, simply does not exist in cricket.
Considering that it has categorically existed not so long ago, i find your viewpoints laughably childish and utopian.

oh and another thing- there is no such thing as 'reverse racism'. Racism is still racism, doesnt matter which group it is directed at or perpetrated by.

Shoaib

Banned
King_Ponting said:
Particularily in cricket everyone is seen as being equal and there are rules that govern the game for all to follow. This reverse racism crap of " he's from such and such" lets target him, simply does not exist in cricket.
Yeah, there are millions of rules,but only for asians and not for whities at all.If in cricket,everyone is seen being equal,then why do your umpires always accuse only asian off spinners of chucking?Saqlain is only spinner who has not been reported for illegal action and i guess this has only been because he is not playing for few years.And why are Mcgrath and Flintoff not accused of chucking despite having most illegal actions in the whole cricket world?Only because they belong to the white race.So how does racism doesn't exist in cricket?I've only given two examples here but there millions of others in history of cricket to prove that racism does exist in cricket.Another major examples are those 100s of contravertial decisions that your umpires give against the visiting teams specially if they r from Asia.

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SHOAIB: That's quite enough. If you don't stop with this rubbish, you'll find yourself on the end of a ban.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Shoaib said:
Yeah, there are millions of rules,but only for asians and not for whities at all.If in cricket,everyone is seen being equal,then why does your umpires always accuse only asian off spinners of chucking?Saqlain is only spinner who has not been reported for illegal action and i guess this has only been because he is not playing for few years.And why are Mcgrath and Flintoff not accused of chucking despite having most illegal actions in the whole cricket world?Only because they belong to the white race.So how does racism doesn't exist in cricket?I've only given two examples here but there millions of others in history of cricket to prove that racism does exist in cricket.Another major examples are those 100s of contravertial decisions that your umpires give against the visiting teams specially if they r from Asia.
Yes, and Shakoor Rana was a bastion of fairness.

For goodness sake, Shoaib, you are sailing very, very close to the wind with your pathetic and highly rancid rantings. Now tone the nonsense down. You are acting like a child.

King_Ponting

International Regular
C_C said:
Considering that it has categorically existed not so long ago, i find your viewpoints laughably childish and utopian.

oh and another thing- there is no such thing as 'reverse racism'. Racism is still racism, doesnt matter which group it is directed at or perpetrated by.
Like eddie said enough is enough. I will not argue with narrow minded trolls such as yourself.

King_Ponting

International Regular
Shoaib said:
Yeah, there are millions of rules,but only for asians and not for whities at all.If in cricket,everyone is seen being equal,then why does your umpires always accuse only asian off spinners of chucking?Saqlain is only spinner who has not been reported for illegal action and i guess this has only been because he is not playing for few years.And why are Mcgrath and Flintoff not accused of chucking despite having most illegal actions in the whole cricket world?Only because they belong to the white race.So how does racism doesn't exist in cricket?I've only given two examples here but there millions of others in history of cricket to prove that racism does exist in cricket.Another major examples are those 100s of contravertial decisions that your umpires give against the visiting teams specially if they r from Asia.
No,no, no. No point arguing with trolls

C_C

International Captain
King_Ponting said:
Like eddie said enough is enough. I will not argue with narrow minded trolls such as yourself.
And i find it a waste of my time to argue with delusionary people like you. You'd find one fact interesting towards your viewpoint : Back in the 1930s, Rosevelt argued that blacks faced no discrimination in America ( sic).
Enough said.
Next time, educate yourself instead of holding the notion that yer society is a bastion of fairness.

8-)

PY

International Coach
Why do a lot of things you seem to post on end up with you talking about racism?

Just a interested question.

C_C

International Captain
PY said:
Why do a lot of things you seem to post on end up with you talking about racism?

Just a interested question.
Because i notice a very typical trend of anti-asian policy from certain forum-members here and while they continue to hold on to their flawed perspective, i continue to try and show them the facts.

King_Ponting

International Regular
C_C said:
Because i notice a very typical trend of anti-asian policy from certain forum-members here and while they continue to hold on to their flawed perspective, i continue to try and show them the facts.
Interesting that when i am part asian myself 8-)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
C_C said:
Oh, right. THAT's what it's called. Incidentally, an opinion can never be a fact.

All we seem to hear is conjecture - a fact is an undeniable truth, and they seem to be pretty hard to find in THIS thread.

wahindiawah

Banned
Swervy said:
former team mate Abdul Qadir said ball doctoring was happening in the Pakistan team when he was playing....and so on
Since you are quoting someone, you need to know what exactly the guy was talking about.Abdul qadir clarified that by ball tampering he meant keeping the ball shiney on one end and rough on another by legal means.
!

wahindiawah

Banned
luckyeddie said:
Where do you get that idea?

Imran Khan and Sarfraz Nawaz at different times in the past admitted as much.
Imran said he once tampered with the ball in a county match, just once!!!

Sarfraz has always maintained that he never tamperaed with the ball!

Swervy

International Captain