• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why no Border in allstar team?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
So because the rest were mediocre that makes Border's mediocrity better?

Nonsense.

murray

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
You've got to be joking, really. Lehmann in particular is one of the most underrated players in ODI history.
I'm not a fan of Lehmann's shuffling technique, but he was very effective in one day cricket. He is the only player I would give way to and is the reason I included teh 'pretty much' tbh.

murray

So because the rest were mediocre that makes Border's mediocrity better?

Nonsense.
Ah, the pre-packaged answer. Just because ssome internerd says nonsense doesn't mean it is so. All players must be judged on their environment and their contributions to that environment.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Because hardly anyone even considers them any more - to most ODI cricket in the 1970s and '80s has ceased to matter.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ah, the pre-packaged answer. Just because ssome internerd says nonsense doesn't mean it is so.
Except that I gave a reason for why I said so unlike some people...
All players must be judged on their environment and their contributions to that environment.
And if the environment was widely poor that doesn't mean one poor player was better than a load who played at a time of a better environment.

murray

Again, I just need to state my disagreement. I'm over internerd fights. If some internerd needs his ego stroked then - oh Richard, you are sooooo right I can't believe how another human came to a different conclusion to you! Oh there! Right there!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
One wonders what's the point in even bothering to post on forums if you're just going to make such stupid patronising comments without contributing anything.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
One wonders what's the point in even bothering to post on forums if you're just going to make such stupid patronising comments without contributing anything.
Agreed. It's just a cop-out making points then refusing to back them up because someone is supposedly over these so-called "internerd" fights.
murray, in case you didn't notice, this is a discussion forum. You won't get much in the way of discussion if everyone just says they believe 'x' and leave it at that without discussing the reasons behind believing 'x'.

murray

You are right. Unfortunately, people like Richie and perhaps yourself are only interested in contradiction rather than discussion. Plz refer to Monty Python sketch for further information kids.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Without contradiction there is no discussion.

Discussion without contradiction simply amounts to:
someone said:
someone else said:
someone else said:
someone else said:
someone else said:
someone else said:
someone else said:
someone else said:
someone else said:
someone else said:
someone else said:
someone else said:
someone else said:
someone else said:
someone else said:
someone else said:
which is pretty pointless.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
You are right. Unfortunately, people like Richie and perhaps yourself are only interested in contradiction rather than discussion. Plz refer to Monty Python sketch for further information kids.
Haha. I'm sure you know us so well so as to be able to comment on exactly what we are interested in.

murray

Without contradiction there is no discussion.

Discussion without contradiction simply amounts to:

which is pretty pointless.
Nice cariacture mate. Perhaps that is your true calling. One day you may be able to let a call go through to the keeper in the way adults do!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And maybe I won't.

Because there's no point posting on forums without having the conviction to back-up your calls.

murray

*chicken, chicken*

If you can't handle the fact that someone comes to a different conclusion to yourself, then perhaps - it is your problem! I can see I am going to disagree with you a lot on cricket, so I'm happy to let your opinions go through to the 'keeper.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Perhaps it's no-one's problem.

If you're just going to ignore those who disagree with you there's no point visiting the place.

murray

What makes you think I ignore you? I just disagree with you and feel no need to fight you over it.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Murray, if you disagree with someone, it would make sense to provide a reasoning why. So that your reasoning can be discussed and people will then add more facts/analysis to your opinion and argue both sides, which is the point of the forum.

Everyone here comes on here to discuss cricketing issues, and discussing the issues enhances everyone's understanding and appreciation of the game. It would be pointless just to post two word agreements and disagreements....it leads nowhere and while there are other less informed forums where that might be the norm, here most people are able and willing to defend their points.

Last edited: